Vaio users black screen after boot

tchospy

223 posts in this topic

test this DSDT whit GE=No   Patched.zip

I inject NVCAP from your vga.rom and EDID from your .textEDID from windows, but I not have this values to put in  the DSDT, try from AIDA64 Section Graphics, and dump all ACPI Tables from AIDA  + a full report

Store (Package (0x19)
{
"DisplayProductID", 
Buffer (0x04) 
{
0x5F, 0x9C, 0x00, 0x00
},

"DisplayVendorID", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x10, 0x06, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,HasPanel", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL,backlight-control", 
Buffer (0x04)
0xEE, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},

"AAPL01,DualLink",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

Hi guys,

I tried the last DSDT that you sent me but it didn't work.. black screen on both screens... actually I did give up about getting CE QI working with internal monitor. I really don't know what is causing this problem and nobody knows too.

I just removed all nvidia kexts and repaired permissions using kext wizard. I'm using VESA specs now and at least the internal monitor works properly. I just want to use xcode so I think it's gonna be enough for now. When looking for tutorials on the internet the safari doesn't work good(glitches everywhere) but I can handle it.

I'm really thankful guys.

See you !

The problem with your built-in display is fixed by DSDT. Now, have you tried to boot with Clover (Injecting your Nvidia) instead Chameleon?. I think, the issue is relative to graphics detection.

I haven't tried Clover cause I don't know how to use it properly and how to replace Chameleon. Clover seems to be a much more advanced tool and I was afraid to use it and destroy my current installatiom(I think I've installed OSX almost 20 times and I'd be tired to do it again if something happened).

I could try it... but I think I'll spend some time working with xcode and seeing how things work.

Actually now I want to fix 2 things : 

1 - "About this mac".. Again on sony vaio seems to be hard to fix this. I used a flag like "Forcememoryinfo =YES" (something like that) that another vaio user said to fix the problem but it didn't work. I heard it is something envolving memory on sony vaios.

2 - Fan speed. It seems to be always on half speed. I checked the temps and the processors varies between 68 and 74º celsius. I think it is normal cause I used everest on windows and the temps were like that... but in windows sometimes the fan speed is slower than in mac cause it varies depending on use. Using mac seems that does not matter the laptop resources usage.

I'm currently using C states and P states from Chameleon.. So..I don't know if something is missing or if it is a normal thing.

Right, but you can make your USB Mavericks installation booteable with Clover. Check the guide here: http://cloverboot.weebly.com

Now boot with your new USB and check if Clover detect your graphics correctly.

Don't forget to put your DSDT.aml on "/EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched/" USB folder.

Ok...I'll try this later and post the results in here.. Thanks again man !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I have Sony VAIO VPCF11PFX/H (F Series) with the same problem: nv_disable=1 gives me internal screen without nvidia and acceleration and Clover Inject NVIDIA gives me nvidia with acceleration on hdmi.

graphics: nvidia geforce 310m (Sony GeForce G310M)

Could you help me to fix internal screen to work with nvidia and acceleration?

I attached extracted from linux following information

• edid.txt - available video ports in system
  • lspci.txt - lspci output
  • dsdt.txt - binary dsdt
  • edid-lvds.txt - binary edid for internal screen (1600x900)

Do you need something else? 

I have clean installation of OSX 10.9.5 with latest Clover EFI bootloader. No any 3rd party extensions installed in system extensions. All extra extensions in clover kexts folder. So I think it will be very easy to experiment with that.

Bootloader on external usb flash disk currently.

edid.txt

lspci.txt

dsdt.txt

edid-lvds.txt

• Like 1

EDID extracted from linux, decoded by Monitor Asset Manager:

<code>

Monitor
  Model name............... t Flat Panel
  Manufacturer............. Sony
  Plug and Play ID......... SNY06FA
  Serial number............ n/a
  Manufacture date......... 2002, ISO week 45
  Filter driver............ None
  -------------------------
  EDID revision............ 1.4
  Input signal type........ Digital
  Color bit depth.......... 6 bits per primary color
  Color encoding formats... RGB 4:4:4, YCrCb 4:4:4
  Screen size.............. 360 x 200 mm (16.2 in)
  Power management......... Standby, Suspend, Active off/sleep
  Extension blocs.......... None
  -------------------------
  DDC/CI................... n/a

Color characteristics
  Default color space...... Non-sRGB
  Display gamma............ 1.00
  Red chromaticity......... Rx 0.600 - Ry 0.342
  Green chromaticity....... Gx 0.295 - Gy 0.570
  Blue chromaticity........ Bx 0.147 - By 0.111
  White point (default).... Wx 0.313 - Wy 0.328
  Additional descriptors... None

Timing characteristics
  Range limits............. Not available
  GTF standard............. Not supported
  Additional descriptors... None
  Preferred timing......... Yes
  Native/preferred timing.. 1600x900p at 60Hz 
    Modeline............... "1600x900" 108.000 1600 1716 1832 1950 900 908 916 924 -hsync -vsync
  Detailed timing #1....... 1600x900p at 50Hz 
    Modeline............... "1600x900" 108.000 1600 1733 1866 2000 900 912 924 1080 -hsync -vsync

Standard timings supported

Report information
  Date generated........... 10/9/2014
  Software revision........ 2.90.0.1000
  Data source.............. File
  Operating system......... 6.2.9200.2

Raw data
  00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,4D,D9,FA,06,00,00,00,00,2D,0C,01,04,90,24,14,00,EA,A8,E0,99,57,4B,92,25,
  1C,50,54,00,00,00,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,30,2A,40,5E,61,84,18,30,74,74,
  88,00,68,C8,10,00,00,18,30,2A,40,90,61,84,B4,30,85,85,CC,00,68,C8,10,00,00,18,00,00,00,FC,00,4E,
  76,69,64,69,61,20,44,65,66,61,75,6C,00,00,00,FC,00,74,20,46,6C,61,74,20,50,61,6E,65,6C,00,00,A9
</code>

ioreg extracted from booted with nv_disable=1 system

edid.zip

ioreg.zip

WOW. It works!!! Awesome!!!

Nvidia + full acceleration on native screen with removed nv_disable=1 and enabled nvidia injection in clover settings.

Could you write a small manual what to do with dsdt for sony to get it works with nvidia on internal screen for other models?

I will resume testing but now I can definitely tell that it works with issues:

* brightness control didn't work in right way - looks like brightness changed for half of screen

* 50%/50% system will go to restart on nvidia initialization, sometimes I got working desktop, sometimes it reboots and i get working desktop after second attempt.

May be it's related to some not activated dsdt patches in clover: i have only that activated for now:

<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
<true/>
<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
<true/>
<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
<true/>
</dic>
</dic>
</dic>

Thank you very much!!!

* 50%/50% reset problem fixed with new dsdt

* even with dsdt v2 nvidia inject still required

* longer boot time

* provided clover config contains regression - i lost wifi card support, i reverted to original 

* also i found that drop oem ssdt cause loosing battery state, so i fixed that

* hdmi sound testing in progress, regular sound didn't work, will try voodoo had and let you know

* 50%/50% reset problem fixed with new dsdt

* even with dsdt v2 nvidia inject still required

* longer boot time

* provided clover config contains regression - i lost wifi card support, i reverted to original 

* also i found that drop oem ssdt cause loosing battery state, so i fixed that

* hdmi sound testing in progress, regular sound didn't work, will try voodoo had and let you know

* Good

* Sorry, you right

* Try install Clover on HDD, rebuild cache extensions and boot with caches

* OK, but we can inject your wifi card into dsdt

* What cpu? first generation need uncheck "drop oem ssdt" (speedstep)

* You don't need VoodooHDA (even AppleHDA) to have HDMI audio.

* ok, no hdmi audio with latest dsdt, there are four HDMI outputs available from voodoohda with hdmi note (don't known why not 1), all of them didn't work.

* if you could explain what did you done with clover config and why then I can make it works.

* also i will be more than appreciate if you could tell what you fixed in dsdt and why =)

* also I have to inject ram configuration via clover config to get working "system information" and "about my mac", but it looks strange in system (system show me 4 gb of ram installed with two ram banks, one is full with 2gb and one is empty, yeah empty, not 2gb as first bank)

* processor is Core i7 720QM (4 cores, 6 mb cache, 1.60 Ghz)

Try to remove all VoodooHDA and test.

Removed all useless parameters for your system. But i was wrong removing nvidia injection and wifi.

EDID Injected for your internal display (see dsdt.aml for details)

About RAM detection; know bug on VAIO (investigate)

First generation, you need uncheck "drop oem ssdt", generate c-states and p-states to have speedstep

* 100% boot with nvidia, 3d acceleration and working internal display - PERFECT

* removing VoodooHDA will remove all audio devices from system, so no audio via hdmi - not good

* i have Realtek ALC275 audio chip, is it possible to make it works without voodoohda?

* i merged your config and mine with double check for each option - removing useless options makes boot MUCH faster - it's good

* i left FixAirport_4000 enabled to get wifi - it's ok

* also nvidia inject left too - it's ok

* is it sufficient to just uncheck "drop oem ssdt" and check generate c-states and p-states to get normal power management?

* it seems like osx eats twice more energy than windows (detected by battery discharge speed), do you have any ideas what can i do?

* may be it's related to missing brightness regulation - could you check if it's fixable?

* am i understand correctly, that provided dsdt has all options to get normal sleep/hibernate/shutdown/restart and other stability-related fixes?

* could you recommend ALPS touchpad driver and/or keyboard driver. Kozlek's VoodooPS2Controller works, but with issues?

the main issue is brightness - is it fixable?

Sony VAIO VPCF11PFX/H (F Series) current status checklist:

* fast boot => YES
* native resolution on internal screen => YES
* nvidia + 3d acceleration => YES (clover nvidia inject)
* internal screen + nvidia => YES (dsdt fix from jl4c)
* hdmi screen => YES
* vga screen => ?
* sound - hdmi/nvidia => ?
* sound - speakers => YES, with VoodooHDA
* sound - headphones => YES, with VoodooHDA
* sound - optical out => ?
* firewire => ?
* esata => ?
* usb => YES
* touchpad => YES with major issues
* keyboard => YES with minor issues
* ethernet => YES with AppleYukon2 Info.plist patch
* wireless => YES, clover airport fix
* bluetooth => YES
* wireless on/off switch => ?
* ms card reader => ?
* sd card reader => ?
* mic input => ?
* cdrom => YES
* sleep => YES (looks like)
* restart => YES (looks like)
* hibernate => ?
* brightness => NO
* lid close/open => NO
* power button => YES
* intel speedstep => ? (looks like YES, but system eats twice more energy then 
  windows, may be it's related to missing brightness regulation feature)
* cpu turbo => ?
* cpu power management => ?
* nvidia power management => 
* battery charge status => YES (with clover drop oem ssdt disabled and VoodooBattery)
* battery replace status => NO (system think that battery died)

Hello jl4c and art.sormy,

Wow, that's a nice finding! Finally the internal screen is working on a Vaio F series!

I have a Sony VAIO VPCF12M0E/B which is almost identical to art.sormy's VAIO: the only difference I can tell is the WLAN (Intel 6200), graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce G330M) and the internal screen is Full HD. I have exactly the same issues described by art.sormy regarding the internal screen and certainly other minor issues (e.g. HDA audio doesn't work without VoodooHDA).

I send attached all relevant files:

From Linux:

- DSDT.aml

- edid-lvds.bin

- lspci

From OSX 10.9 booted with latest Clover EFI (2k_r2939), nv_disable=1 and Inject NVDIA:

- ioreg files

@jl4c:

Could you try your method to see if it makes the internal screen work properly? Or alternatively explain how to fix it?

@art.sormy:

What is this AppleYukon2 Info.plist patch you mentioned in your previous post? Currently the ethernet is not working.

Many thanks!

VPCF12M0E.zip