Sleep on ML 10.8.5 Sandy Bridge?

nosushi4you

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I've searched high and low for a fix to my problem, to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

Here's my situation:

I have successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my Acer Aspire S3 ultrabook (which I was able to snag for only 250$!), using Clover as my bootloader. It is surprisingly compatible. Here's the specs:

i3-2367M (1.4GHz) Sandy Bridge CPU
Intel HD 3000 Graphics
4GB DDR3/USB 3.0/Bluetooth 4.0/Standard SATA Hard Disk

Here's what currently works: Intel HD 3000 with full res. and QE/CI (after DSDT patch)
Multitouch with latest Elan Touchpad drivers

Audio with VoodooHDA 2.8.4

Shutdown/Restart

Webcam

USB 3.0

Wifi with USB dongle (the speed is actually quite good!)

Here's my problem: Sleep doesn't work.

If I could get sleep to work I'd be 100% content with this hackintosh. I have tried various DSDT edits (HPET, RTC), with no success. I have tried installing a patched 10.8.5 AppleIntelCPUPowermangement kext and removing NullCPU, but I am greeted with an instant kernel panic. Is there something about 10.8.5 that changed the way sleep mode works? I'm not picky; if someone could find a working sleepenabler kext, I'd be happy with that, too. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone!

I've searched high and low for a fix to my problem, to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.

Here's my situation:

I have successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my Acer Aspire S3 ultrabook (which I was able to snag for only 250$!), using Clover as my bootloader. It is surprisingly compatible. Here's the specs:

i3-2367M (1.4GHz) Sandy Bridge CPU

Intel HD 3000 Graphics

4GB DDR3/USB 3.0/Bluetooth 4.0/Standard SATA Hard Disk

Here's what currently works: Intel HD 3000 with full res. and QE/CI (after DSDT patch)

Multitouch with latest Elan Touchpad drivers

Audio with VoodooHDA 2.8.4

Shutdown/Restart

Webcam

USB 3.0

Wifi with USB dongle (the speed is actually quite good!)

Here's my problem: Sleep doesn't work.

If I could get sleep to work I'd be 100% content with this hackintosh. I have tried various DSDT edits (HPET, RTC), with no success. I have tried installing a patched 10.8.5 AppleIntelCPUPowermangement kext and removing NullCPU, but I am greeted with an instant kernel panic. Is there something about 10.8.5 that changed the way sleep mode works? I'm not picky; if someone could find a working sleepenabler kext, I'd be happy with that, too. Any suggestions?

Could you give me your .ioreg file from IORegistryExplorer please?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue but on a different build.  Everything works beautifully EXCEPT sleep.  I have read countless posts and tried them all.  Nothing has worked.  The monitor goes to sleep, but the cpu doesn't.

Here's my build:

-  OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5

-  ASUS p8z68-v lx Sandy Bridge

-  Intel Quad Core i7 2600k

-  16gb Kingston DDR3

-  AMD Radeon HD 6870

-  Jabra A320s bluetooth

Here's the last thing I did for sleep:

-  Downloaded modified bios 4003 for my board and flashed successfully using FTK

-  Removed nullcpupowermanagement

-  Removed darkwake=0

-  Patched AppleIntellCpuPowerManagement

I tried to upload my ioreg file here but I was not permitted.  Please let me know how I can generate a log file and I'll be happy to upload it.

Many thanks.