3 replies to this topic

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Hi,

In order to get Continuity support in Yosemite, for still pretty capable machine as my Macbook Pro (2010), I need Bluetooth 4.0 support.

How would you suggest me to do that?

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

If it's possible at all (which we don't know yet), I doubt it'll be figured out before the final Yosemite is released.

My guess is that it'll invlove upgrading the internal buletooth modual as well as modifying system files/ firmware to trick your MBP into thinking it's a 2012 model.

But rest asured a lot of people will want to do this so the hackers will be working on it come October.

poispois

poispois

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
I also have that opinion but I also assume that the earlier I buy the part/parts the cheaper they will be, because sellers will take advantage of this.

That's why I would like to buy parts sooner rather than later.

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Hi,

In order to get Continuity support in Yosemite, for still pretty capable machine as my Macbook Pro (2010), I need Bluetooth 4.0 support.

How would you suggest me to do that?

http://www.atpeaz.co...ngle-with-os-x/

http://www.amazon.ca...-skim0x97095-20

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bluetooth, macbook, 2010, continuity, yosemite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy