Choppy Video HD4000 Mavericks

v8558

7 posts in this topic

Hello

I am having an issue with my Mavericks Install 10.9.1 that I installed with MyHack. I have my Intel HD 4000 recognized in the system in normal boot, but the video is choppy when dragging windows or trying to watch Youtube. Changing the IntelCapriFB seems to make no difference. I also do not get full acceleration

Here is a screenshot of my system:

snOkpC3.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this? 

First of all, I don't know which Mac Mini model you are using, but make sure it's one that actually has HD4000 (MacMini6,1 or MacMini6,2)

Did you try instead specifying the ig-platform-id this way?

<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
    <string>09006601</string>

Explained here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

Once you get qe/ci working, rename GFX0 in your DSDT to IGPU which should get you working AppleGraphicsPowerManagement

Hi Jamiethemorris, Yes I have tried that way, and am using MacMini 6,2. The two kexts IntelCapriFB and HD4000 load without any flags, however, but the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement does not load. Despite trying different ID values, QE/ci doesn't seem to ever load (I always have solid menu bar). Is there something I am missing?

Also, could the power management have something to do with not getting qe/ci? I have tried using an ssdt, and deleting the nullcpupowermanagment.kext, but it still seems to load anyway, even though it's not there (it was in /Extra, not S/L/E).