HP Z600 Workstation

RiotMode

46 posts in this topic

Check your Bios Settings:

• Storage->Options->SATA Emulation = RAID+AHCI
  • Security->Network Service Boot = Disable
  • Advanced->Device Options->S5 Wake on Lan = Disable
  • Advanced->Processors->Active Cores = All Cores.
  • Advanced->Device Options->SATA RAID Option ROM download = Enable

Next:
try to boot with this flags 
-v npci=0x2000

If its not working, try to recheck SMBIOS.plist :
SMBios with MacPro5,1 LGA1366 "Westmere" created via Chamäleon Wizard
 -v, USBBusFix=Yes, Enable C4, Ethernet-BuiltIn=Yes, C-States, Drop SSDT, DSDT & SMBios

next:
delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext & AppleUserUpstreamClient.kext from S/L/E

AHCIPortInjector.kext needed in S/L/E on USB

Try to get this USB-Boot working for installation ... 
then u need your HDD/SSD in an external case, because your SATA isn't working properly without a JMicron-Controller
putting your Z600 hdd in an external case, gives you the possibility to install OSX on it... 

I keep getting stuck around the same place. I tried all your steps, and nothing really changed. When I changed the plist with the changes you suggested, it stops at

CPU is , family 0x6, model 0x2c

Which is the line before where it was stopping.

I double checked that I had the same BIOS settings. I even remembered there was a Nvidia Quadro 580 card I could try out of another PC. At least until I get this one sorted. I'm just not sure what else to try. I appreciate the help for sure.

i don't think that the graphics are the problem, but i can't really tell you what your problem is :( 
BLUETOOTH.io....... are most common graphics issues, but you stuck a while before this... so u got some other issues here... :( 

I never had those errors, but i installed 10.9  on my Z600.... maybe there is some difference... 

I would recommend to ask a better "hackintosher" than me :( - i am not a pro - but got it to work .... with very helpful guys around the web... 

Did you already tried cpus=1 - to disable all those cores ? 

Did you already search for some AHCIPortInjector.kext !? and installed it ?  - have u repaired the permission on the stick ? 

Sorry but currently i'm very busy and can't get much into this.... but if i find some time, i will translate the Z600 installation for you guys into english... and hope this will help a bit... 

but let me know how its going ! 

GOOD LUCK man! _ Never give up - i needed more then 6 Days to install the z600, but now i am very satisfied with it - so keep on it! 

• Like 2

I appreciate it. I haven't tried cpus=1. I will.

And yes I found someone that had posted their kexts and extras file from a Z600. Don't remember where now. I didn't think the repair permissions. I will do that also.

No rush. I am pretty stubborn and will figure it out. If I can get his sorted it will be my audio rig for a long time into the future.

I'll see what other ideas I can come across.

Thanks agian

Alright. I might, just might, be getting somewhere. Between the German forum and this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-yosemite/, I got it to boot. I had to use the flags -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes. As expected it didn't see my Hard drive on Sata. So I put it in a USB adapter, and it's now installing. I'll let you know what else happens.

Okay. So this happened.

I put the NullCPU, FakeSMC, and AHCIInjector, kexts in S/L/E with Kext Wizard, via my Macbook pro. Fixed permissions, rebuilt cache. Took the drive out of my USB caddy, and put it in the tower. Hooked to the first SATA port. Booted up. Chameleon showed up, but not my HDD?

So I went ahead and used the -v and graphicsenabler=Yes. It got me back to the installation screen. Weird thing is now my HDD is there, but it showed it was partitioned as a 16GB hard drive with the rest free space? Which is odd to me, especially since that the size of the USB stick I'm using.

So I am letting it reinstall. Not sure what is going on. Should I go ahead and install chameleon on the HDD next time if it does something similar? Just omit the USB all together and see what happens?

Chameleon of your USB-Stick showed up - and there should be an option to select the HDD - if not - change your AHCI.....kext and try again !  (never miss repairing permissions)

If you get into booting the HDD - install Chameleon with the Post-Installer and eject the install-usb-stick - and try booting up without the usb-stick

1. Boot from USB-Stick (this is the only bootloader you have now, you need this to boot into the HDD ....) 

2. Select in Chameleon -> HDD ( fresh installed OSX )  - do not boot into "base system" or something similar from USB-Stick, especially don't boot the osx-installer again.... )
3. Boot OSX from HDD

4. Install Post-Installer

5. Eject USB-Stick

6. Reboot without USB-Stick

7. Be happy ;)

If you got it through the installer, you are nearly done man ;)
keep on it ! 

You need something like this, but only with 2 options for you  (first - usb stick /// second - hdd ) - u need to boot into HDD - not into USB ( if you boot USB - you are again in the installer which u won't)
http://blog.thireus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/stage-1-chameleon-bootloader.jpg?2611a1

Yep. Got there last time. But had a KP. FakeSMC and nullcpu weren't in S/L/E. Just put them in there, am repairing permissions now, and will see what happens.

Alright I can see the finish line. I boot with the USB stick. I see my Hard drive. I've added Graphics enabler to my chameleon plist. So all I do is select my hard drive an hit -v.

But.

There's one more roadblock lol. When I get to the set-up screen. My Keyboard and mouse no longer work. They're both usb, and both were working up until this point. I've tried different USB ports but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

yeah , there is a kext for that issue out there, just search for "USB Mouse on Hackintosh" or something similar - this is a common "bug" 

u need to install this kext an all is fine ! ( i think its called  IOUSBFamily.kext )

BUT! - Before u do this, just check some other USB-Ports!  - on my z600 only 2 or 3 are working correctly, the other ports aren't working - dunno why ... i use an USB-HUB for this ;)

So - you successfully installed your Z600 now ? - and i think audio isn't working, right ? - u need that Voodoo Audio kext for that, or an external Audio/Usb-Card

Well I'm not 100% there. I got the USB ports to work. In the German thread there was a list of options in his plist. One was USBfix=yes. So I clicked USBfix. But that also checked 3 other boxes. One of them was something like "turn off legacy USB". While troubleshooting I noticed this, so I unchecked the main box, and checked the other two. Now my keyboard and mouse work.

However I can't boot into the system without safe mode. It hangs on waiting on root device. Any ideas there? Bad kext somewhere?

And with graphics enabler on, I'm getting some graphics bugs. So I need to sort that. But I am getting full 2560x1440 resolution. May try my old card and see if it works. The 9500gt. If not I've heard the EVGA gt740 works well.

Not too worried about audio. I'm going to be using this as a DAW. So I'll have a USB interface on it for audio.

Internet works.

About to start installing some software and see what happens. I did run a geekbench and got over 22k. So the CPUs and ram are probably okay. ;)

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions about the safe mode thing I'm all ears.

Thanks again.

The web drivers didn't change anything. :-/

Also I was seeing some USB errors when booting. So I took all of the USB fixes off my plist. Booted and all my USB ports work. At least with a thumb drive. Going to leave those alone. Still can't boot without graphics enabler -v -x. However I'm getting an error.

The system extension "S/L/E/AHCIPortInjector.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the product's vendor for an update.

So that may be my "waiting on root device" issue?

I'll reinstall with kext wizard and see. What happens.

Not sure. Here's the link. And did not install the web driver. Will do that next.

http://www.root86.com/topic/6962-hp-z600-x5650-installation/page-9?do=findComment&comment=82128

Yeah - thats me ;) 

And yes, search for a better AHCI....kext - i think this will solve your problem....

i can boot my z600 without any flags ;)  - you can boot without -v  but probably you'll need to find a new kext for the injector and then you r fine also ;)

BTW. did you write GraphicsEnabler=Yes   with a CAPITAL E !? - try this out! 

I found modded AHCIPortInjector and AppleAHCIPort.kexts. But neither of them even get me to boot. I get stuck at "still waiting on root device"

I do have GraphicsEnabler on. It's even in my Chameleon plist.

But basically I have one of two options right now. Boot with safemode and my keyboard works, but graphics need help, plus it takes forever to load. Or don't use safe mode and my Keyboard and mouse don't work. So really there's only one option lol.

How should I go about fixing this?

Would patching my DSDT maybe get me there?

I've read some guides on it, but is there a place to ask someone to maybe help me out?

I truly appreciate all the help you've provided this far. I definitely owe you one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

(Taken from RiotMode's earlier post)

Sorry but currently i'm very busy and can't get much into this.... but if i find some time, i will translate the Z600 installation for you guys into english... and hope this will help a bit... 

-----------------------------------------------------

I will keep editing this to get it done

Since I now regard frequently post get the Z600 because others this also would like to give OSX, here is my complete guide to:

HP Z600 Workstation 

with 10.9.2 (Mavericks) - successfully installed!

0. ) Hackstation-Details:

• Dual Xeon 2,66 Ghz - LGA 1366 - X5650
  • 48 GB EEC RAM
  • GTX 760
  • SanDisk SSD

1. ) What you need:

• a running system with OsX
  • USB Flash Drive (8 GB)
  • Mavericks download ausm Appstore
  • latest Chameleon Bootloader   (this: Bootloader: Chameleon 2.2 2391  )
  • latest FakeSMC.kext
  • latest NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • most recent KextWizard
  • current Pacifist 
  • newest AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • external USB enclosure for SSD

2. 1. ) The beginning

( USB Flash drive with Mavericks create )

• Mavericks under "Programs" in the "Mac/Hackintosh" mount
  • Enable Show hidden files in the Finder using the following command in Terminal aktivieren:defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE killall Finder
  • Now we mount the “BaseSystem.dmg” in the 10.9 DMG: open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
  • Go back to Disk Utility
  • The BaseSystem.dmg left in the column by clicking and click in the right column above Restore
  • For the goal of attracting the USB flash drive from the desktop into the blank row of the destination information (below)
  • Go safely deleting is checked
  • Can make to restore press and all 5-10 minutes depending on how fast or slow your stick is
  • When you're done you'll get 2 "Base System" HDD to your desktop. Find out which is the USB flash drive and open this (the "old" base system can eject)
  • In it (mostly Base System 1) go to / System / Installation.
  • Here you will find a symlink for the packages. Delete this
  • Open a new window with the InstallESD and copy the folder packages from there into the folder of USB sticks
  • FFinish 10.9 is now on your stick - the next step we edit this a bit to make it even Bootable on a PC.

2. 2. ) Bootloader

( Make a USB stick bootable, so that we can start the installation )

Download the latest FakeSMC.kext and NullPowerManagement.kext then copy 2 on the stick under System/Library/Extensions

Download the latest Chameleon Bootloader and .pkg on the USB flash drive to install (default settings, rich here for now)

Goes on the USB stick that you just created (base system) under Packages. There you will find BaseSystemBinaries.pkg open this with the Pacifist

In it you will find the mach_kernel, these unpacked / her copied to the root directory of your USB flash drive (base system)

If available, SMBios.plist, org.chameleon.boot.plist, dsdt.aml in the folder /Extra copy on your USB flash drive (not mandatory)

SMBios with MacPro5,1 LGA1366 "Westmere" Create via Chameleon Wizard

org.chameleon.boot.plist -> KernelFlags -v, USBBusFix=Yes, Enable C4, Ethernet-BuiltIn=Yes, C-States, Drop SSDT, DSDT & SMBios linked /Extra/.….

Clear AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUserUpstreamClient.kext of S/L/E

Copy AHCIPortInjector.kext under S/L/E on USB stick

Finish the drive is ready to get started wink.png

As a conclusion the hide files still hide again: 

Open Terminal and copying pure: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles False killall Finder

3. 1. ) The Installation 

( Mavericks install on PC )

• Note BIOS Settings - This is different from board to board, best google it or ask…. (Important: AHCI, etc..)
    • Storage->Options->SATA Emulation = RAID+AHCI
    • Security->Network Service Boot = Disable
    • Advanced->Device Options->S5 Wake on Lan = Disable
    • Advanced->Processors->Active Cores = All Cores.
    • Advanced->Device Options->SATA RAID Option ROM download = Enable
  •  
  • future MAV-SSD build in external enclosure and the back of the USB connection (Z600) 
  • Removing other hard drives, so nothing happens wrong wink.png
  • At the computer should now only disk boot and mouse + keyboad stuck
  • Booting from the boot drive with mthe following flags: -v npci=0x2000
  • Go upstairs to the FDP and the installer to format the hard disk and then install OsX

3. 2. ) Additional Installation

( Small details for easier boot )

• Connect after installing the hard drive to a working mac
  • Now we install with KextWizard FakeSMC.kext and NullPowerManagement.kext the Mavericks SSD under S/L/E 
  • Then we fix the rights and fix the cache with KextWizard
  • Install AHCIPortInjector.kext with KextWizard and then repair the rights
  • Not neccessary - (All Graphics kexts to a new folder (Kext_Backup) under S/L/E move)
  • NNow we copy, if available to /Extra Folder on the Mavericks Installation
  • That's it, but now kanns really go biggrin-new.png

4. ) The first time boats

( Now we bring Mavericks to run )

• Disconnect from the Mavericks 'old' functioning Mac / Hack and installed into the "new" for the Install (best SATA0 Port)
  • Z600 has the SATA0 port to 1st position, ie the tray above - can also be seen on the cover described (inside)

Now we turn on and boot via the BIOS boot manager on the USB flash drive, the same as before, only now we select Chameleon in the Mavericks Installation

following boot flags using: -v

Z600 needs with the DSDT.aml, SMBios.plist and Cham.Boot.plist NO FLAG more

If you have problems abfotografieren, the screen and post it here

5. ) Mavericks

( Final Settings - Fine Tuning - Post Installation )

• If you managed to boot the Mavericks, it copies over a USB stick that same ChameleonBootloader.pkg (like the USB key installed) on the new Mavericks Desk
  • Apply this to the internal disk Mavericks (Do not set "adjustments", so everything left)
  • Now you can boot to the new drive without Mavericks USB flash drive, the USB flash drive no longer needs it now
  • Power possibly now a backup of the new Mavericks installation, and / or from the boot drive means eg CabonCopyCloner
  • Finally, do you do now that you still need to look for kexts to get really to run everything

Hack-Xeon ( HP Z600 Workstation )

Chip: Xeon X5650 - 12 Core x 2,6 Ghz /// Board: HP /// RAM: 48 GB EEC RAM  /// Grafik: Asus GTX 760 /// SSD: SanDisk 256GB - Mavericks 10.9.4 /// HDD: Windows7 /// Bootloader: Chameleon 2.2 2391

• 7 months later...