manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Hello guys,

happy new year!

Thanks for the guide! i have good old n53sn notebook. I am trying installing el capitan on my n53sm following this guide, but i have some problems here:

1) Audio still doesn't work using AppleHDA (N53SN-fullhd display).

2) keyboard and trackpad doesn't work

3) I am still having problem installing clover on the same hd (main internal hd0) and i have to boot using an external usb stick... perhaps it's related to clover itself not to n53.

thanks!

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hello guys!

Guys, if I install to USB Flash not Clover but Yosemite - will it install hackintosh this way or I should use only Clover?

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hello guys!

Guys, if I install to USB Flash not Clover but Yosemite - will it install hackintosh this way or I should use only Clover?

Hi.
To install OS X on a non-Apple PC you need to use one of the so-called "bootloaders", like Clover, Chameleon, Enoch, etc.... Nowadays I'd say that if you learn to use Clover is probably better because it seems to be the way to go in the future.
So the answer to your question is that you need both a bootloader like Clover AND the operative system (Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan....) to setup your hackintosh. 
There are plenty of guides and tutorials on the internet that explain how to setup an USB pen drive with one or two partitions (it depends on the type of BIOS:legacy/UEFI) for bootloader and OSX.
Once you install the system you still need the bootloader to boot in it, so either you keep using the USB flash drive or you just install the bootloader in your internal hard disk.
I hope I've been enough clear.

Hello guys,
happy new year!

Thanks for the guide! i have good old n53sn notebook. I am trying installing el capitan on my n53sm following this guide, but i have some problems here:
1) Audio still doesn't work using AppleHDA (N53SN-fullhd display).
2) keyboard and trackpad doesn't work
3) I am still having problem installing clover on the same hd (main internal hd0) and i have to boot using an external usb stick... perhaps it's related to clover itself not to n53.
thanks!

Hi manmal!
1)I don't know on which system you are, but I am on El Capitan 10.11.3 with my Asus N53SN (full hd like yours). I tried to patch my appleHDA with Mirone's patch on https://github.com/M...AppleHDAPatcherchoosing the patch that Anerik70 uses, so the " ALC269-AsusN53sm" one. I managed to make it work but it was unstable, sometimes it booted without audio working, sometime with the audio working. Then I tried Anerik70's "aDummyHDA" + injection of audio layout in my Clover's config.plist and now it is working without any problem! You can find it in the folder posted in post #19 between the kexts in the OEM folder.
2)I'm currently using without any problem the kexts in my signature to make keyboard and trackpad working, so they are Elan Touchpad (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext) - FN Keys (AsusNBFnKeys.kext)[/size]. Probably you can find them between the kexts in the folder by Anerik70 posted in post #19. I use KextWizard to install them in S/L/E (system/library/extensions), and after the installation I rebuild kext caches and permissions always with KextWizard.
3)I'm using both windows and OSX in UEFI mode currently, so I chose not to install clover in my hdd, because I wanted Windows to keep its bootloader "clean" in the EFI partition of my HDD. However since I didn't want to use a usb pen drive to boot every time I manage to create a small partition on my internal HDD (being GPT I can create many partitions) around 300 MB formatted in fat32 and I just copied the content of the Clover partition of the USB pendrive onto this internal partition. Basically now I use this partition to boot into clover. The way I boot is a bit tricky if you want. Since our old laptop has a crappy bios, one of those which is both compatible with Legacy BIOS and UEFI (an early implementation of UEFI bios...) every time I want to boot OSX I enter the BIOS, go in UEFI shell, select the internal partition where clover is stored and manually browse in the "efi/boot" folder and run "bootx64.efi". That pops up clover and from there I can easily access OSX. Of course this is because my main system is Windows, otherwise I would have installed clover properly, but however trust me it doesn't take more than 15 second to boot into Clover once you are used to it!
Bye!

Hi.
My system isn't same as yours.
The only thing that not works is NVIDIA GT 630M.

My current configuration for EL CAPITAN 10.11.2 is here: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing
I use OEM folder inside clover with my asus's name. If you want to use my efi folder you have to rename N53SM to N53SN

Hi anerik70! I'm sorry to bother you again. I managed to make everything work, and for this I thank you again! But I'd like to ask you one last thing....I'm using your aDummyHDA.kext successfully, but I noticed that it has a version lower than the actual ones on El Capitan (the ones that the patcher produces). Even if it is working I'd like to understand how you managed to create a working aDummyHDA.

At first I used the patch by Mirone at https://github.com/M...AppleHDAPatcher with the patch "ALC269-AsusN53sm" but it only creates the AppleHDA, not the aDummyHDA (moreover I was having problems).

Now I tried another patch always by Mirone at http://www.insanelym...plehda-patcher/but unfortunately it lacks the patch for " ALC269-AsusN53sm", so I tried all the possible variations of the version for ALC269 without success....

So how did you create your aDummyHDA??! You know just to understand and learn, even because in the future it could still be useful!

Thank you very much!!

Bye!

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hi.
To install OS X on a non-Apple PC you need to use one of the so-called "bootloaders", like Clover, Chameleon, Enoch, etc.... Nowadays I'd say that if you learn to use Clover is probably better because it seems to be the way to go in the future.
So the answer to your question is that you need both a bootloader like Clover AND the operative system (Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan....) to setup your hackintosh. 
There are plenty of guides and tutorials on the internet that explain how to setup an USB pen drive with one or two partitions (it depends on the type of BIOS:legacy/UEFI) for bootloader and OSX.
Once you install the system you still need the bootloader to boot in it, so either you keep using the USB flash drive or you just install the bootloader in your internal hard disk.
I hope I've been enough clear.

Yep, I understand it!
Yesturday I tried to load UEFI from flash on me Asus N53Sm as it was shown in this topic guide.
But I really couldn't do it - Clover loader wasn't loading). UEFI is enabled in my BIOS.

The only guess I have is broken loader.

After preparing my USB Flash I guess to check data on it and plug it into Mac - and when I prepare USB Flash Mac shows 2 volumes (with OSX and UEFI), but second time only OSX volume. At the end of all I ignored safely removing hardware. Maybe this steps broke loader, I don't know). Today I'll try to prepare Flesh USB once again and try to install Mac))
But maybe you have idea, why Asus didn't load loader?It seens so strange.

P.S.: boot priority was set to UEFI flash

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Yep, I understand it!
Yesturday I tried to load UEFI from flash on me Asus N53Sm as it was shown in this topic guide.
But I really couldn't do it - Clover loader wasn't loading). UEFI is enabled in my BIOS.

The only guess I have is broken loader.

After preparing my USB Flash I guess to check data on it and plug it into Mac - and when I prepare USB Flash Mac shows 2 volumes (with OSX and UEFI), but second time only OSX volume. At the end of all I ignored safely removing hardware. Maybe this steps broke loader, I don't know). Today I'll try to prepare Flesh USB once again and try to install Mac))
But maybe you have idea, why Asus didn't load loader?It seens so strange.

P.S.: boot priority was set to UEFI flash

Keep on mind that the EFI partition is not mounted in OSX by default, so it is normal that the first time you create the USB flash with clover it will show the EFI partition, but after that every time you want to "see" the EFI partition you have to mount it manually through terminal and disk utility or using tools like Clover Configurator (which I suggest since later you'll use it probably to tweak your config.plist). As soon as you start Clover Configurator it will ask to mount the EFI partition. Here you must be careful and mount the right one, maybe on your mac there is already its own EFi partition, but you want the one with Clover on the USB flash drive. So after having mounted the EFI partition you can see it in your desktop as "EFI".

The second thing is that you can choose whether to use clover "legacy" for legacy bios or clover UEFI. You have to choose it when you prepare the clover USB key, and later boot accordingly. Probably the UEFI one is more future proof. Keep in mind that our laptop has an early implementation of UEFI boot with some limitations. Basically it's ok if you have enabled "UEFI boot" in bios, but for instance, when you press "ESC" at boot you are shown the bootable entries, and usually you should see your usb drive in two different ways, the "legacy" way and the "UEFI" way (prefixed with "UEFI: "). Ok now at least for me in that situation if I chose the UEFI one (for clover UEFI) I wasn't able to boot in clover. On our laptops it's better to use the EFI shell to boot devices in UEFI mode manually. To do so put in the root of your EFI partition on the USB key the file attached in this post (decompressed). To do so you have to mount the EFI partition of your usb key as explained above (with Clover Configurator or manually), and copy the file "shellx64.efi" (not the zip, extract the file) in the root of the "EFI" partition. Where you also have the "EFI" folder (not inside!). Once you do that you reboot the Asus N53SM and enter the bios (pressing F2 or "ESC" and choosing "Enter Setup"). Once you're in the bios go in the last tab "Save and Exit" and choose the option at the bottom: "Launch EFI shell..........".

Here wait the few seconds for the console to appear (or press any button if you don't want to wait) and go in the "EFI" partition on the USB key that you prepared before.

Pay attention, you should "find" the name or your USB flash drive or do some trial/error to find the correct one. You can type "map" without quotes to show the list of devices. To go in your usb drive, for instance for me it was the fs4, you should type: "fs4:" and press enter (if not fs4 try fs0, fs1, fs2....). Pay attention, I don't know the layout of your keyboard but in the efi shell the layout of the keyboard is the US layout so you could have some different combination of buttons to type ":", look up for the US keyboard layout on Google if you need.

Once you are in the device you can type "dir" to show the folders. You can already check if you selected the correct drive, you should have all the folders of Clover, so you should find "EFI" folder and others. If you don't see the "EFI" folder probably you entered the wrong device so you have to change drive always typing "fsX:" where X=1,2,3....

Once you find the correct drive with the "EfI" folder you type: "cd \efi\boot" and press enter.

Once you did that type "bootx64.efi" and press enter.

Now Clover should boot properly in UEFI mode. (In your bios the UEFI boot must be Enabled of course).

Attached Files

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I found that I had mistake in path where should I extract files from post#1)) But even that - Clover not loading)).

Man, you're the best one! You typed so cool instruction - I'll try it tomorrow when I'll have access to Mac and be able to put this file!
I dunno could it helps me but...Man, thank you in advance!!!!!!))

Could you tell me, please, now I have win7, I've made partition for MacOS - after installing MacOS how can I make bootloader to be able to boot both OS?

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Once you boot into Clover it will already recognize Windows 7, even if you don't install OSX, as soon as you boot Clover you could boot directly in win7 because Clover "scans" your partitions to make our life easier ahah.

Basically in Clover you will have options as: boot Windows from HD, boot Mac OSX from your USB partition (the installation of OSX), Clover options, restart, shutdown....

One thing to keep in mind. When I decided to make my dual boot system I had some unexpected difficulties due to my ignorance in this matter   :lol:

Basically once you do it, it is not so difficult trust me, but it took days to me because I didn't know the following (mind you, maybe you already know and did right!):

The internal HDD can be formatted in MBR (Master Boot Record) or GPT (GUID Partition Table). It is not related to the partitions, it's referred to the entire disk, so either GPT or MBR, not both at the same time.

Now OSX wants a disk in GPT, for Windows it depends:

-If you install Windows in legacy mode it will use MBR

-If you install Windows in UEFI mode it will use GPT

By default on our Asus N53S (at least on my Asus N53SN) Windows is installed in NON UEFI mode, MBR, the wrong one. To have Windows in UEFI correctly (GPT) I had to boot in the EFI shell manually and start Windows installation the same way you should start Clover as I explained in the post above (insert Windows installation media, go in the EFI shell, look for it with "fsX:", find "bootx64.efi" and boot from it).

So the most natural way would be to have Windows in UEFI mode, so you can install OSX natively in the other partition, both Windows and OSX in GPT mode.

If you have Windows in legacy mode instead (MBR) you can decide to reinstall everything from scratch or to use a patch to convert OSX from GPT to MBR http://www.insanelym...itan-mbr-patch/but unfortunately I reinstalled everything so I'm using GPT and I wouldn't be able to help you in using the patch.

This was the first "great" obstacle that I found while setting up the dual boot.

The second one is always related to the partitioning.

Basically from Windows I shrinked my disk to make space for a second partition for OSX, I rebooted and tried to install OSX in the partition created before, and I received the bad surprise that Disk Utility wasn't able to format the partition in Journaled. Searching the net I found out that it is a known problem and basically the way Windows initialize the HDD is not compatible with OSX which cannot "manipulate" the disk.

The solution that I found was using Gparted Live to format the entire disk and prepare the partitions already formatted in the correct way (NTFS for Windows and Journaled for OSX) as explained in this guide: https://www.reddit.c...indows_10_on_a/

All this could maybe worry you, but trust me finding out later it's worse of course, so maybe it's better to have in mind what the dual boot involves. However after having done it I'm really happy because the two systems are really stable and perfect.

So my advice is to start preparing the disk with Gparted, install Windows in UEFI mode (GPT disk) and finally install OSX. Once you setup everything right with Anerik70's folder (for El Capitan posted in post #19, for Yosemite posted in post #1)  you should be good to go in a very short time; so I think that the preparation of the whole dual boot system is probably longer than the single installation of OSX. Of course all this is not needed if you use two different physical disks or if you install OSX on a USB drive...

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

All this could maybe worry you, but trust me finding out later it's worse of course, so maybe it's better to have in mind what the dual boot involves. However after having done it I'm really happy because the two systems are really stable and perfect.

Man, I'm gonna go your way! I really appreciate you for your help!

In a while I'll try it!

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Oh man - I've gpted my hdd, I've installed Win7 with UEFI (It was sooooo hard man)!))

But when I enter command "cd \efi\boot" and then load bootx64.efi - I get black/blank screen and nothing else)))

My USB flash has indicator - after loading bootx64.efi nothing is happend.

UEFI in my BIOS is switched on.

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Oh man - I've gpted my hdd, I've installed Win7 with UEFI (It was sooooo hard man)!))

But when I enter command "cd \efi\boot" and then load bootx64.efi - I get black/blank screen and nothing else)))

My USB flash has indicator - after loading bootx64.efi nothing is happend.

UEFI in my BIOS is switched on.

It's very likely that "fs0" is your internal hdd. When you enter the EFI shell, or if you type "map" you should see beside "fs0" the "SATA" word somewhere on the same line; if I'm right you are booting the wrong disk. On my Asus fs0 is my internal hdd. As a matter of fact for me also fs1 is internal hdd but another partition.

However I'm saying that it is very lickely that fs0 is your hdd because also in your hdd there is the "EFI" folder in the so-called "EFI" partition that you created manually with Gparted or that Windows installation created for you. And also in the HDD's "EFI" folder there is a folder "BOOT" with inside "bootx64.efi". So basically when you connect the usb flash drive with Clover there are two drives that have the same path of folders "Efi\boot" and "bootx64.efi" file. You have to chose the correct drive. Only the USB's one will take you to Clover.

You can check what I'm saying in the following way: you create inside the "EFI" partition on your usb drive an empty dummy folder (you can do this from your mac mounting the EFI partition or directly from Win7). So you create a dummy folder, e.g. "Test" and you reboot and enter the EFI shell again. Now type "fs0:" and "ls" or "dir". If you do NOT see the folder you created, in the example "Test", you are in the wrong disk!

Another way to do the same is to check whether there is the file "shellx64.efi" when you type "ls" or "dir". If you did as I said in the post above and you copied my file "shellx64.efi" in the root of you usb's "EFI" partition you should see it. If you don't see it, again you are in the wrong disk.

However if I were you I would simply try others fsX because it is likely that you don't have more than 4 or 5. So for instance "fs1:", "cd \efi\boot", "bootx64.efi". If it doesn't work you do the same for "fs2", so "fs2:"....For my it was "fs4"!

One last thing. If after all the tests you are not able to access Clover I'd suggest you to change USB key (I had a problem with one of my USB flash drive that returned the message about the "EFI" folder not present, even though when I typed "ls" I could clearly see it; in that case I had to change USB drive. But don't worry, you can take a USB flash drive and "manually" create Clover. I don't know how you prepared you Clover usb, but when you are "satisfied" with it you can simply manually copy all the files inside your USB's "EFI" partition in another USB key. It doesn't matter the name of the USB drive, it only matters that the partition where you copy Clover and its "EFI" folder is formatted as FAT32. You don't necessarily need to re-create Clover with the Clover installer. In the end I decided not to install Clover on my hdd "properly", but to create another small partition on my internal hdd where I copied the content of my working USB Clover partition. I access it manually always from the EFI shell, this is to make you understand that once you have a working Clover configuration you can move it. You can also have Clover on an USB flash drive and the installation of OSX in another USB drive...

However as I said I'd try first with others fsX before changing USB drive. I hope this helps!

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I've attached two photos - one of them about command map (I have only two "fs"), and another one about "fl0:" (it consists of clover files).

The only thing - I'm trying to load from Usb Flash 3.0.

Maybe this point breaks everything?

Attached Files

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I don't think that if your usb drive is USB 3 there should be any problem, but however it is suggested to use the computer's usb 2.0 ports instead of the usb 3.0 port. My Asus N53SN has three usb 2.0 ports and one usb 3.0 port and I used the usb 2.0 port with a usb 2 flash drive.

The only thing I can say is that I had a problem with the EFI shell not finding the folder even though it was listed but I solved it changing the flash drive. But if you are able to launch the "bootx64.efi" I don't think that is the problem.

I have updated my bios to the last version (version 209 for Asus N53SN) but again I didn't try with the old bios, so I don't know whether that could be the problem.

At a first sight fs0 should be correct in your case, I had fs4, but maybe it is related to the boot priority list (but I don't know and don't think that is the problem).

I have attached my Clover folder. If you want you can try that...it is enough that you take a spare usb flash drive (also very small) formatted in fat32 (it is not important if there are other files and also the name of the drive doesn't matter) and copy the content of the zip (extracted) in the flash drive. And you try with that, without the installation of OSX, just to see if Clover boots.

Another option would be to use Clover legacy, I don't think it changes anything, and before being able to use UEFI with EFI shell I was using the legacy version that boots easily without the need of the shell.

Here is my Clover in a zip:

https://www.dropbox....Clover.zip?dl=0

while in the attachment it is the same but in a rar.

If you want you can upload your version of the EFI folder and I can see if I'm able to boot with your files.

Attached Files

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

jackal992, I've tried with your clover - and it works. Seems, everytime I make wrong clover.

First of all, I update my BIOS to the latest version (for Asus N53SM is 205).

Then I plug USB Flash with your clover - and clover works.

Last time I get the folder from post #1 (updated from 25 May), and then I replace root shellx64.efi with your's one).

That's my EFI folder. Maybe, you can try it repeatin' by my description?

P.S.: Maybe I'm not so lucky, but OK - I can try to install El Capitan. Could you help me with filling EFI partition?
I think, after Clover installing, I should put files from post #1, replace original clover files, then get files from post #19 and replace some files from the previous interaction? Or not?

P.P.S.: Load files from post #1 on another usb flash (fat32) - same reaction. Black (or blank) screen).

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I've attached the Clover version of post #1 with some modification without touching the files, only changing their positions. Now I'm able to boot from that Clover configuration too, the theme is different but it doesn't matter, you can download others later. If I were you I'd use that for Yosemite installation because it seems to be the more closer to your machine (you have an Asus n53sM like Anerik and not the n53sN like me I believe). 

However the basic key-files in a Clover configuration are 3:

-config.plist

-dsdt and ssdt (under ACPI/Patched)

-kext folder

Now if that Clover works I'd do:

0) Creation of OSX Yosemite installation drive. To do this I believe you read some guides online. Basically you have to have a mac where you download Yosemite and create the usb installation of OSX with terminal (the "createinstallmedia" method) or with the help of some tools. Yo can partition your usb drive one partition for clover and the other for OSX installation or you can use two different USB flash drives, there is no difference.

1) Attach both the USB drives (if you use two different drives for clover and OSX installation, otherwise the USB drive with OSX and Clover together), boot into Clover and start the installation. Sometime it can be "difficult" also only reaching the installation screen of OSX, but the files should have been adapted for your HW, so you shouldn't encounter any problems. So you install OSX in the partition dedicated to it. If during installation keyboard and mouse don't work use external ones, later you'll solve those problems. Once you complete the installation you should "tweak" a little the system to have everything working. I think that you'll need to tweak very little because Anerik had already found all the kexts for audio, wifi, bluetooth, keyboard, touchpad......

2) You install Clover to HDD. This has to be done after OSX installation. 

Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB. You can use the installer of Clover http://sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/and "point" it to your internal HDD this time, not to USB. Once you install it you can copy the content of the Clover folder of your USB (the one already adapted and customized) to the Clover folder created in your internal HDD overwriting the files. Of course you will keep your edited "key-files" mentioned above deleting the "generic" ones just installed by Clover installer.

If you choose Yosemite you shouldn't encounter many problems, but if you choose El Capitan you should prefer starting from the files at post #19.

According to me the installation itself should be painless, the only thing that happened to me is that, since I have a different machine, at the beginning I had to re-patch by myself the dsdt and ssdt mentioned above because Anerik70's were unstable for me. But I cope with that problem after installation of OSX, to make the system more stable because every now and then I had some graphical problems and kernel panics. After having patched those files for my machine I've never had any problem.

Attached Files

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Today made two flash drives - one with files from post#1 and Yosemite and second with El Capitan and files from post#19).

And no boot for Clover on both flash drives))).

I'm feelin' a lil' bit desperate with it))))

jackal992, could you make full instruction for making Clover boot loader? I think, I make one mistake that can not allow me to install Mac OS))).

Just, if it is possible - step by step. 

For today I made it such way:
1) Dowload Clover ( http://sourceforge.n...loverefiboot/ )
2) Open app and set location for installing to my flash and set install settings as it shown in video in post #1 ( ).
But I matched that size in video is about 12 Mb, but mine - 11,2 or smth like that. Lower than in video.

3) Then I download files (post #1 or post #19) and copy files to partition.

And there is difference between #1 and #19 - #1 consists of folder EFI and two files, #19 - only folder.

When I make put files to partition Mac asks me - Replace files or Merge? Everytime I made replace, but maybe I was goin' wrong?
Or I should put files manually?
4) That is all) And it's not working)))).

P.S.: I haven't yet try with your files but I wonder - why it is only 8.9 Mb while files from post #1 near 50 Mb?

Sorry for annoying you, but I really can't understand, what is going wrong).

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I don't understand, I posted the working version of Clover in my previous post...can't you use it?

If you use that one it is enough to copy the content of the zip (extracted) on a fat32 usb flash drive and that's it, you can try to install OSX.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, in the end I didn't use Anerik70's guide, only just a couple of his kexts.

If I were you I'd try to install OSX and tweak, if necessary, some settings in Clover. If you use that folder you can jump that step of Clover installation!

If you still want to install Clover starting from 0 (the guide in the video) it is way more difficult because you have to manually setup the config.plist and use some kexts.

My file is smaller because I couldn't re-upload 50 mb of zip because the limit on this forum is just 10 Mb. I simply discarded some themes for Clover that you can easily download later.

With Clover from my files (that already contains the customized config.plist and the needed kexts) you should be able to start the installation of OSX.

The guide in the video is just the way you would install Clover from scratch, but it is pointless since you have to use the files provided. It's like saying "you install Clover and later you replace it with my files from post 1". You can just jump the installation and directly use Clover's file from the zip. My version in post 34 is the same in post 1 except that I deleted some themes to save space (it doesn't matter, later you can google "Clover themes" and find the one you like most) and I moved some files. Anerik had adapted the version in post 1 for his machine putting the files under "OEM" folder, I just moved them in a more "generic" position but they are the same, without the hassle of having to worry about having a slight different version of Asus N53Sx. I moved the content of the EFI\CLOVER\OEM\N53SM\UEFI into EFI. It is the same, just avoiding problems with the name. Indeed the more generic installation (the guide from the video, aka official Clover installer) puts the files the same way I do, so they are fine.

I'd say that you can try either:

1) Yosemite - you delete the EFI folder from your USB flash drive and put the files from post 34

or:

2) El Capitan: - you delete the EFI folder from your USB flash drive and put the files from post 32

this way you avoid any problem of Merge/Replace and you are sure of the files you are using. You don't want to have 2 versions of the config.plist, two versions of the kexts....because otherwise you are not able to understand which one you are using and if you need to tweak something you don't know which one is the one you need to "touch".

Anerik uses different positions for his files in post 1 and post 19. The conventional position of the Clover installer are in post 32 (El capitan) and 34 (Yosemite). I don't have any problem in using the versions from post 32 and 34.

Basically I'd suggest that you use one of the pre-built Clover configurations and go on from "Copy OS X to USB" section.

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

jackal992, hooray! Clover boots very well! 

But another sad news - installing mac os stucked on first black screen with white apple in the middle.

Why does it happens?

P.S.: Thank you for your Clover!!! 

P.P.S.: Sorry, tried your Clover and El Capitan flash drive, tomorrow try El Capitan with files from post 32

Also, make flash with Yosemite and try with your files if there will be troubles with El Capitan

Am I right that black installation screen caused by lack of neccessary kext's?

jackal992

jackal992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

You should wait some minutes, it is not immediate the boot process...however to have a better understanding of what is happening you should try to boot in verbose mode. It is enough to press the space bar on the installation entry in Clover and choose "Boot in verbose mode". Otherwise you can do the same going in Clover's options and adding "-v" to the boot args.

In this way you can check where it hangs...

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Ok, I wait more time and installer shows this: 

149901d1441466380t-guide-install-yosemit

Then I launched installer in verbose mode, and get such message - in attached.

It's El Capitan.

Attached Files

micsha

micsha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Well, I exchanged some files of your clover (DSDT & SSDT, config.plist, all the kext's - them I put in folder "Other", as your's one - and all the drivers in drivers64UEFI folder) and got that screen:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy