Clover-based Yosemite DP6: Fails natively, but works in VMware?

PGHammer21B

2 posts in this topic

Here's the rather surprising story - in addition to a bare-metal installation of OS X (Mavericks currently), I also have several OS X-based VMs.  I created a new one (basically just for yuks) to test out USB stick installs in VMware Workstation 10 for Windows (suitably unlocked).  The strangeness is that a stick that I created according to the directions from the current public beta fails natively, but works in VMware.  It's not a similar stick, but the SAME stick.  Natively, it will time-out (graphically) and go to sleep; however, it installed in VMware just fine; it is, in fact, running as I type this.  Is the nVidia graphics support (the only difference in a native install's favor) that badly broken in Yosemite compared to Mavericks?  (My native Mavericks install works just fine with Clover legacy as the loader - the SAME version of Clover is on the USB stick; 2803 for the curious.  The stick itself is an "OEM" Kingston USB stick supplied to MicroCenter  connected to a standard USB v2 port driven by the Intel G41 chipset.)