ALC887 with OS X Yosemite Beta 2

aX0Dis

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I decided to try the public beta of OSX Yosemite, after a somewhat lengthy installation I find myself in my new system where almost all works perfectly kext. Everything except the sound, I find several kext designed to Yosemite but none works. 

So I'm asking for your help to successfully run my chipset (ALC887

I am looking for preferably a solution via VoodooHDA (if possible w/ surround but I dream a little), but I am willing to test any solutions that work.

Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer,

I've tried with VooDooHDA 2.8.5 (found on Sourceforge)

But I think I understand why it didn't work, I have to start OSX with the arguments "kext-dev-mode=1" for VoodooHDA be loaded at startup.

But the problem while it worked perfectly the first time (when I finally had the joy to have sound)

the next startup offered me a wonderful Kernel Panic with Clover EFI

(I've tried Chameleon but it don't work at all with Yosemite on my computer)

Thanks for your answer,

I've tried with VooDooHDA 2.8.5 (found on Sourceforge)
But I think I understand why it didn't work, I have to start OSX with the arguments "kext-dev-mode=1" for VoodooHDA be loaded at startup.

But the problem while it worked perfectly the first time (when I finally had the joy to have sound)
the next startup offered me a wonderful Kernel Panic with Clover EFI

(I've tried Chameleon but it don't work at all with Yosemite on my computer)

remove voodoo and empty trash , go to Library / preferences / system Configuration / com.apple.boot.plist and add  kext-dev-mode=1 close .( <key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> ) then install your apple hda and hda enabler kext using kext wizard , reboot :)

After many attempts, I finally found a version of "VoodooHDA.kext" that does not cause kernel panic (version 2.8.4 found on hackintoshosx )

And now I discover that "HDADisabler.kext" is necessary for VoodooHDA working properly

Problem the sound is rather low (despite the fix applied to VoodooHDA) and the volume control does not work :(

@joshua90009
Thanks, but I've never used a patched version of AppleHDA (never managed to properly patched for my sound card is fully recognized) And I avoid possible replacement of already existing system extensions (VoodooHDA has for benefit of never being replaced at a MAJ)

My preference for VoodooHDA goes especially for its simplicity of operation in the Extra folder (well when I get a version of Chameleon with FUNCTIONAL Yosemite) avoiding me install kexts in the system folders

@joshua90009
Thanks, but I've never used a patched version of AppleHDA (never managed to properly patched for my sound card is fully recognized) And I avoid possible replacement of already existing system extensions (VoodooHDA has for benefit of never being replaced at a MAJ)

My preference for VoodooHDA goes especially for its simplicity of operation in the Extra folder (well when I get a version of Chameleon with FUNCTIONAL Yosemite) avoiding me install kexts in the system folders

ok try this , del voodoo HDA , HDA disabler , empty trash. then  try the kext using kext wizard , repair permission and reboot 

ALC 887 AUDIO PACK FOR ASUS .zip