built in GPU on Optiplex 755

Tmarkr

69 posts in this topic

I have the Optiplex 755 , E6750 2.66Ghz, I have SL 10.6.8 running successfully. 

I can't find out a whole lot about the GPU other than it is Intel and built in

Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Total):    64 MB of Shared System Memory
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:    0x29b2
  Revision ID:    0x0002
  Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded

Are there Kexts that I can load to get QE/CI on this computer or is it not possible with this system?

Is there away to get QE/CI working, ie possibly another graphics card??

thanks

Now, will that give me QE/CI ability??  will there have to be something that I install or a kext??

definiteley like the price :)

edit...

I don't know if that will fit in my system, I ony have about 2 3/4" space for the connection, has to be low profile

re-edit...

research research research... just finding out that some of these low profile, ie the nvidia geoforce gt210, come with alternate mounting plates to fit in small places

Thank you Thank you everyone, now to just keep an eye out for one at a good price

Now, will that give me QE/CI ability??  will there have to be something that I install or a kext??

definiteley like the price :)

Yes, it is OOB with AtiConfig=Eulemur I believe. Otherwise, a simple dev. id add will work for QE/CI.

edit: yes, it is low profile ready

Yes, it is OOB with AtiConfig=Eulemur I believe. Otherwise, a simple dev. id add will work for QE/CI.

edit: yes, it is low profile ready

Thanks for the info... When I finally get my new card where do I enter that info if need be??

• 2 weeks later...

new card installed, Nvidia GeForce 210, and working, but no QE/CI. 

I don't have a "org.chameleon.boot.plist" or kernel flags that I can find... what now??

Root HDD / Extra folder 

Set to

GraphicsEnabler=Yes  

I can't seem to get OSX86Tools to work for me, I must be missing something, I keep getting a error message when I go to add EFI string

rename com apple.boot.plist

to org.chameleon.boot.plist

try to update chameleon to r2377

reboot 

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3870-chameleon-22-svn/

did you see this?

I missed the renaming the boot.plist

I tried the update and it "crashed" the sustem, so I am in the process of reinstalling.  Would the fact that I didn't rename the plist cause the crash??

once I am back up and running I will try again

(posting from my imac)

so... I just used Chameleon Wizard to update my boot loader and this is what happened...

well I tried to get an image here, but didn't know it was going to be difficult to do

kernal panic occured

**for some reason I am not able to attach a pict from my computer

one thing is for sure...

my system does not like to have thee bootloader updated, both times I have gotten a kernal panic and I couldn't start in safe or verbose.  The second time I used Chameleon Wizard to try to update Chameleon and it did the same thing.  I just want to get this new graphics card to do what its suppose to.

one thing is for sure...

my system does not like to have thee bootloader updated, both times I have gotten a kernal panic and I couldn't start in safe or verbose.  The second time I used Chameleon Wizard to try to update Chameleon and it did the same thing.  I just want to get this new graphics card to do what its suppose to.

Why your not install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 

I think the support Graphics for your card is native ?