Endless reboot

9 posts in this topic

From osx86 wiki:

"After reboot I just get an endless grey screen with apple logo and spinning circle (sorry about my lingo... I'm 'not' a Mac fanatic (just need a simple platform to test browser compatibility).

I am having sort of the same problem, with one exception, I see no gray screen, I get Loading drivers just scrolling across my screen then the pc reboots. I tried the b0 fix error after a flawless install, please help"

I'm having the same problem with vmware server (last version).

My machine specs are:

CeleronD: 2.26Ghz

512Mb Ram

82845 integrated Intel video card.

The installation is 10.4.6 with Jas patched And Combo patch Included, that is OK!, but when I gonna to start OSX the system Show a output console screen with loading drivers section, it show while a few minutes but when it "apparently" is about to loading "anithing else more" it reboot..

I got a endless reboot with this, y try to boot with -S & -V arguments but it fails again...

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance. :(

RG.

What packages did you select in the Customize window during installation?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4249

To start in verbose mode to see error messages, you must hit F8 and type -v.

When OSX starts to boot, the screen turns black and then goes to grey with a spinning icon. As soon as the screen turns black, start tapping the F8 key quickly and repeatedly until a command prompt appears. Type -v at the prompt. Look at the errors generated.

the b0 error is a problem with the active partition and shouldnt have anything to do with your problem.

are you sure that you have NOT installed any patch for amd on intel processor?

can you send an log file of your vmware server crash?

i think with these informations it will be possible to fix your problem

thanks for your help,

i start to suspect where is the "error" , when i customize the installation i select Install.Intel.and.amd.patch, but y select all ...

its means that all the patch (both amd and intel) was installed??...

could it be the cause for the problem??

thanks!

the b0 error is a problem with the active partition and shouldnt have anything to do with your problem.

are you sure that you have NOT installed any patch for amd on intel processor?

can you send an log file of your vmware server crash?

i think with these informations it will be possible to fix your problem

Here is the log from Vmware.

Thanks!

Tha patch are already installed.. but both of them (AMD and INTEL) i think maybe that is the problem.... :)

In the Customize window, click the little arrow beside the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest version of OSX. Select other packages only if you are sure your computer can use them.

nice...fast and successful

Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor.

are u sure...my processor has sse2 and sse3 i installed with sse3 patch and i dont have 3d functionality during installation (i mean the turn of squared part inside the screen...hope you understand)

only if i use the sse2 too patch then i turns ...by the way i dont know how it looks if i install only sse2

should be the qe(quartz extreme )function ...right?

thanks

sven

are u sure...my processor has sse2 and sse3 i installed with sse3 patch and i dont have 3d functionality during installation (i mean the turn of squared part inside the screen...hope you understand)

only if i use the sse2 too

You only need one - whatever your processor is capable of. SSE3 instructions include all of the SSE2 instructions.

If you select both, the installer installs one of them, and then installs the other one. The 2nd one replaces the 1st one and you only end up with one.

Depending upon how the installer works, if it installs SSE2 and then SSE3, you end up with SSE3.

If the installer installs SSE3 and then installs SSE2, you end up with SSE2.

So, you either ended up with SSE2 or you ended up with SSE3, but you did not end up with both.