100% stable hack froze and suddenly started boot looping

3 posts in this topic

Hi, so my hack has been running fine up to this point... I switched to MacPro5,1 definition to get AGPM working. I made sure to use the Clover patch to prevent AppleTyMCEDriver from causing a kernel panic. I created an injector kext to add my graphics card to AGPM and put in in /EFI/kexts/10.9, and reinstalled the original AGPM because I had been messing with it. As soon as kext utility gets done, the system freezes and then starts boot looping. So I boot from my other Clover drive which still has the MacPro3,1 smbios. The system boots sucessfully, but after a couple minutes it locks up. What is going on? Corrupted kernel cache maybe? I would think if the kernel cache was corrupted it would have the same exact behavior for both configs. I booted it into Linux and it hasn't frozen so I think that rules out a sudden hardware issue. Any suggestions?

EDIT: This is my GA-Z68-UD3 build in my signature.

Nevermind, after booting with MacPro3,1 a second time it stopped freezing. After deleting my injector kext MacPro5,1 boots again... It turns out I simply can't add my graphics card to AGPM (discovered it doesn't work on my XPS720 either)without it freezing. No idea why. I haven't tried it with iMac12,2 but I don't really want to use that SMBios.