TP-Link WDN4800 & Mavericks 10.9.4 - Lose internet connection while still connected to WiFi

Braixen

1 post in this topic

My TP-Link WDN4800 wireless adapter (PCI-E) has been suffering constant disconnectivity starting yesterday. It doesn't seem to let me load webpages however it still states that a connection is active in the AirPort menu on the menu bar. When I boot into OS X, it says that there's no internet connection. At these times I have to turn off the WiFi and turn it back on again, and it's getting tedious.

I don't know what has caused it to even do this. I don't tamper with network settings once they've been configured. It was working for some time on 10.9.4, so I don't think that would be the issue. This isn't an issue with the adapter, either; I use Windows 8.1 on the same machine and it maintains a connection. When testing my Yosemite install, it doesn't appear to want to make a connection to the Internet. It shows a connection but doesn't actually let me visit websites.

Specs:

Wireless adapter: TP-Link WDN4800 (Connectivity via PCI-E)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

OS Affected: OS X Mavericks 10.9.4

I don't know what else there is to add, but if need be I'll add more specs.

EDIT: The connection appears to have stabilised after a check of the PCI-E slot, the device and the antennae, however at every boot-up it shows "Alert: No Internet Connection" and I have to disable the WiFi and re-enable it to bring the connection back. I have tried removing relevant plists to rewrite them however this doesn't fix the issue. I have also tried updating my bootloader (Clover EFI). I've even renewed my DHCP lease.

EDIT 2: Nope! Still the same thing. I'm getting angry now. I very, very, very highly doubt it's a hardware failure as if it was, I'm sure Windows would also have trouble with it.

• Like 1