Imessage and facetime Public Beta 2

Agostino9446

126 posts in this topic

from skype...i called us support ...and they said that i need serial number to activate imessage...ahuahua...and now?

Who did ask, the operator or the automatic call center system? As I said, you need to be a bit more creative to get around these questions...  :whistle:

With dp6 is there same issue?

I update from DP6 without any problem, but yesterday, after the iCloud down time that happen, my iMessenger and even go to iCloud in Settings are not allow me to login. Bacause the down time happen same time that Public 2 was release people think there's a relation but I don't think so. I will now restore my backup from DP5 to see if it's working here.

I think you may have more issues than we do (did  :angel: )

I could properly sign into App Store, iCloud, itunes and such. It was only affecting iMessage and FaceTime.

You may want to check with the comprehensive how-to's available. They're pages long, so please forgive me if I'm not repeating it here. One I found very helpful can be found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#post795297

iMessage and Facetime work on my Mavericks install as does iCloud. The weird thing is, when I log into iCloud, it goes through the process of signing in... It sets up Mail, Contacts and Calendar for me, it also sets up the Keychain but I cannot access iCloud settings, they are all greyed out and it tells me to enter my password.

When I enter my password it just goes back to the greyed out iCloud settings page :( 

Obviously iMessage and Facetime aren't working in Yosemite, I might try putting the Yosemite drive back in and resetting my iCloud password, see if that helps any.

iMessage and Facetime work on my Mavericks install as does iCloud. The weird thing is, when I log into iCloud, it goes through the process of signing in... It sets up Mail, Contacts and Calendar for me, it also sets up the Keychain but I cannot access iCloud settings, they are all greyed out and it tells me to enter my password.

When I enter my password it just goes back to the greyed out iCloud settings page :( 

Obviously iMessage and Facetime aren't working in Yosemite, I might try putting the Yosemite drive back in and resetting my iCloud password, see if that helps any.

If both drives are bootable, then you're probably using different SMBIOS parameters, which might explain why one of them is working, while the other one does not. Resetting the password...was not a solution, in my case. Already did it about 4 times so far. But you can always try.

I have Mavericks running and iMessage works fine, on the same machine I just upgraded Parallels to v10 and did a fresh install of Yosemite PB2 but iMessage gives me the same errors as everyone else seems to have.

I have phoned support in the past and told them it's a work Mac giving me a problem and I am calling from home, might have to try it again!

If both drives are bootable, then you're probably using different SMBIOS parameters, which might explain why one of them is working, while the other one does not. Resetting the password...was not a solution, in my case. Already did it about 4 times so far. But you can always try.

Clover is an exact copy from the mavericks EFI folder (plus the kexts needed to get Yosemite working), the SMBIOS is exactly the same, which is why I was confused that it wasn't working :(

Well, this fixed it for me. No need to thank me (not that I would mind it if you actually do). :)) But I'm just sharing so...yeah. :)

Hope it works for you too. No need to change anything else in Clover Configurator. No need to reset your password. Just do what it says, reboot and...hopefully, enjoy.

Well, this fixed it for me. No need to thank me (not that I would mind it if you actually do). :)) But I'm just sharing so...yeah. :)

Hope it works for you too. No need to change anything else in Clover Configurator. No need to reset your password. Just do what it says, reboot and...hopefully, enjoy.

Thanks for this :)

I'll give this a go this weekend and see what happens, I suppose as much as it says it has been tried on other machines and not been banned, surely these values WILL be banned eventually :S

It's such a shame that Apple can't "secretly" allow us to use their ecosystem and just provide us with "secret" values but not advertise it :P

How do I extract this information from an already working Mac? I have a MacBook Pro so can I extract it from there and use those values?

I'm fairly new to all of this, but have managed to get Mavericks on 3 PCs working perfectly, the ONLY issue I have EVER had is with Messages and Facetime. :(

@KibosJB,

You're in luck if you have an already working Mac :).

Check that the basics on your hack are OK eg ethernet is set to en0, NVRAM is working - refer to @pokenguyen AIO guide.

You can then use El Nono's imessage_debug tool to extract the working serials from your Mac (System Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB & ROM)----> transplant these into your hack ---> profit :).  I've outlined my procedure in post#99.  Also have a look at this thread: iMessage and FaceTime - misbehaving again!

If there are still issues, upload the output from running imessage_debug tool on the hack here (you can hash out some or all the characters from your serials).  If everything is done properly, the output of running the debug tool on the Mac should be the same as when running the debug tool on the hack....

Good Luck!

• Like 3

@KibosJB,

Check that the basics on your hack are OK eg ethernet is set to en0, NVRAM is working - refer to @pokenguyen AIO guide.

You can then use El Nono's imessage_debug tool to extract the working serials from your Mac ----> transplant these into your hack ---> profit :).  I've outlined my procedure in post#99.  Also have a look at this thread: iMessage and FaceTime - misbehaving again!

If there are still issues, upload the output from running imessage_debug tool on the hack here (you can hash out some or all the characters from your serials).  If everything is done properly, the output of running the debug tool on the Mac should be the same as when running the debug tool on the hack....

Good Luck!

You know, I actually wished that you would see that post and reply. :)

Good to see you again, man. Awesome work, as usual.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I doubt this solves the issue with the beta 2 update. I was having good values before, imessage_debug was giving back reasonable output. Everything was working fine, incl. beta 1.

In fact, customer support will not complain about non-registered hardware, but only unlock your Apple ID. How can they do, if they need to link to not existing entries in their database?

I doubt this solves the issue with the beta 2 update. I was having good values before, imessage_debug was giving back reasonable output. Everything was working fine, incl. beta 1.

In fact, customer support will not complain about non-registered hardware, but only unlock your Apple ID. How can they do, if they need to link to not existing entries in their database?

Uhm...I am using Public Beta 2.

@KibosJB,

You can then use El Nono's imessage_debug tool to extract the working serials from your Mac (System Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB & ROM)----> transplant these into your hack ---> profit :).  I've outlined my procedure in post#99.  Also have a look at this thread: iMessage and FaceTime - misbehaving again!

Good Luck!

Super speedy response, thank you so much!! :D I'll give this a try and see if I can get everything working and report back.

• Like 1

Uhm...I am using Public Beta 2.

Appreciate that. I didn't mean that this solution does not work. My gut feeling is that it does not explain the sudden change from beta 1 to beta 2.

All given info in this solution was already true for previous versions. And of course, cloning an existing mac will in any case keep you from running into trouble. So far so good, I didn't want to criticize your post.

Hi arsradu!  Good to see you posting and helping others :).

I have seen @heryts post before and I commented in my guide that there was a risk that Apple would block his serials if too many people used them.  The information in his post, however, is still valuable because the only way you can activate iMessage reliably (& login/logout, not attaching a credit card to your AppleID) is to use genuine serials from a real Mac (or Apple Support validated hackintosh).

It looks more and more like Apple are checking serials (esp MLB and ROM) and blocking users with invalid/suspicious values.

PS

@heryts post does contain an error for Clover users.  The values to put into the RT variables section with Clover Configurator should be

MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A

ROM=50465D3699A9 =ethernet/firewire mac address (not UEZdNpmp which is a BASE64 value to put in nvram.xxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist if using Chameleon FileNVRAM module).

He has posted a second set of MLB & ROM where

MLB=11111111111111111

ROM=111111111111

I haven't tested them personally but other users did report them working at one stage....

• Like 1

Appreciate that. I didn't mean that this solution does not work. My gut feeling is that it does not explain the sudden change from beta 1 to beta 2.

All given info in this solution was already true for previous versions. And of course, cloning an existing mac will in any case keep you from running into trouble. So far so good, I didn't want to criticize your post.

Well, Apple doesn't need to explain itself for the sudden changes, does it? :))

So, what you're saying is that this solution has been given before Beta 2 came out, right? If so, you're perfectly right. But maybe, just maybe, Apple made their server changes gradually, so that it doesn't crash the servers. I might be very well wrong. I'm just saying. This is how it looks from my point of view. Why now? Because bad luck, that's why. :))

Hi arsradu!  Good to see you posting and helping others :).

I have seen @heryts post before and I commented in my guide that there was a risk that Apple would block his serials if too many people used them.  The information in his post, however, is still valuable because the only way you can activate iMessage reliably (& login/logout, not attaching a credit card to your AppleID) is to use genuine serials from a real Mac (or Apple Support validated hackintosh).

It looks more and more like Apple are checking serials (esp MLB and ROM) and blocking users with invalid/suspicious values.

PS

@heryts post does contain an error for Clover users.  The values to put into the RT variables section with Clover Configurator should be

MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A

ROM=50465D3699A9 =ethernet/firewire mac address (not UEZdNpmp which is a BASE64 value to put in nvram.xxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist if using Chameleon FileNVRAM module).

He has posted a second set of MLB & ROM where

MLB=11111111111111111

ROM=111111111111

I haven't tested them personally but other users did report them working at one stage....

Yeah, I thought that ROM value looks suspicious too. But hell, I tried it and it works. :)) So it's good enough for me. Now...where the hell did you get that ROM value (50465D3699A9) from?