mhaeuser

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Since either Developer Preview 2 or 3 I have a strange problem - a kernel panic occurs on each shutdown and each restart. In addition to that CMOS gets cleared on each shutdown (not on restart). The whole dump is available below. If anyone has the same problem, please provide info on which version of OS X it first happened, if it still happened in the latest you tried and which boot loader incl. version you use. It happened for me since DP2 or 3 all the way through to DP6, beta inclusive. I used quite a few Clover builds, v2795 and onwards. I didn't try the builds since v2800, but there is no sign that any of these could fix the problem (I will try them later, of course, probably in the evening); not even that Clover is the cause of the problem.

I might do some experiments with some DPs and Clover versions and will update the thread if I succeed. In mean time please share you experiences. Thank you! :)

Full KP: http://www.pastebin.com/HwM0dyEr

Hey guys,

Since either Developer Preview 2 or 3 I have a strange problem - a kernel panic occurs on each shutdown and each restart. In addition to that CMOS gets cleared on each shutdown (not on restart). The whole dump is available below. If anyone has the same problem, please provide info on which version of OS X it first happened, if it still happened in the latest you tried and which boot loader incl. version you use. It happened for me since DP2 or 3 all the way through to DP6, beta inclusive. I used quite a few Clover builds, v2795 and onwards. I didn't try the builds since v2800, but there is no sign that any of these could fix the problem (I will try them later, of course, probably in the evening); not even that Clover is the cause of the problem.

I might do some experiments with some DPs and Clover versions and will update the thread if I succeed. In mean time please share you experiences. Thank you! :)

Full KP: http://www.pastebin.com/HwM0dyEr

I have the very same problem! It's due to iMac SMBIOS! If I change to MacPro6,1 the KP is gone but then I get a black screen after boot!

And I have to reboot over and over again until I suddenly boot and get video. I have absolutely no clue why this is happening! My hardware is in sign.

I don't inject anything via DSDT, my Card (GTX 650) works natively - at least with the iMac13,2 SMBIOS. MacMini6,2 and MacPro6,1 both boot straight to a black Screen and I'm not sure if these will work out. I thought I might try the NVIDIA Web Drivers, but they refuse to load due to the OS X Version being unsupported. Clover is in not related to the problem.

From my side this thread can be closed. After some testing I came to the conclusion that the DSDT is the problem and thus dumped a fresh one to patch. After patching I can shutdown and restart again without a kernel panic. Thanks for your support guys! :)

(Not sure if your problem is DSDT-related as well, Legionaria, make sure you have the "RTC" patch applied ;) )

try this:

have two folders with DSDT + AppleHDA, 

yosemite_DP6 to one another and to 10.9.4.

It'd work flawlessly if it wasn't for one thing!

in
"VRAM,totalsize", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80
                                }, 

change to 
"VRAM,totalsize", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40
                                }, 

As my GTX650 has got only 1 Gig of VRAM i did the changes myself, Thank you very much sir.

How does this Kext work, it enables HDMI audio, right? I feel like reinstalling Yosemite now lol

Thank you once again!

It'd work flawlessly if it wasn't for one thing!

in
"VRAM,totalsize", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80
                                }, 

change to 
"VRAM,totalsize", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40
                                }, 

As my GTX650 has got only 1 Gig of VRAM i did the changes myself, Thank you very much sir.

How does this Kext work, it enables HDMI audio, right? I feel like reinstalling Yosemite now lol

Thank you once again!

Glad you noticed it, I had forgotten about this issue. 
HDMI Audio should work yes. 
when you install Yosemite, please let me know if 
you have the apple logo in the second stage of boot.

Glad you noticed it, I had forgotten about this issue. 
HDMI Audio should work yes. 
when you install Yosemite, please let me know if 
you have the apple logo in the second stage of boot.

I tried your Kext, it loaded fine but no audio came through neither of ports so I rolled layout ID back to 0x01 and reinstalled the usual patched kext. I will see how things turns out when I get to Yosemite this sunday.

cheers

my Kexts 
Use Layout_ID = 5, 7 or 9. 
try using one of these.

I've just reinstalled Yosemite back in. No second boot logo is being shown (just progress bar at second stage) although it boots fine into desktop now, all with MacPro6,1 so no more kernel panics here.

I noticed that reboot is quite slow now, Did you make any other changes to my DSDT other than graphics injection and audio?

Your 'Yosemite DSDT' makes graphics freak out and don't work so I'm loading the 10.9 one.

Overall the only thing that really worked for me was the graphics injection and that came through very handy for me, thank you big time.

I've just reinstalled Yosemite back in. No second boot logo is being shown (just progress bar at second stage) although it boots fine into desktop now, all with MacPro6,1 so no more kernel panics here.

I noticed that reboot is quite slow now, Did you make any other changes to my DSDT other than graphics injection and audio?

Your 'Yosemite DSDT' makes graphics freak out and don't work so I'm loading the 10.9 one.

Overall the only thing that really worked for me was the graphics injection and that came through very handy for me, thank you big time.

try this for Yosemite:DSDT.zip

try this for Yosemite:attachicon.gifDSDT.zip

It does boot now however, it's got artifacts as the desktop pops up and some flickering from now and then. Other than that no changes, no second stage logo and still no audio using your kext. Sorry mate but hey you've already help a lot because till yesterday I couldn't even boot without some gruesome Kernel panics lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem....and i also have a gtx 650, i don't understand what it is that causes these kernel panics, it is driving me nuts. So basically i am doomed to try and get a proper dsdt? It's just that there is so many info about dsdt and many are very old, i don't really know where to start. I have a SSDT but still no difference.

Using nvidia web driver doesn't make much of a difference, kernel panics are not that often but they are still there and nvidia drivers are kinda broken in dp7.