How to boot to Windows without interactions on Chameleon?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Yasin38

Yasin38

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hey Guys,

I have got a litte question. I have a dual-boot system with OSX Mavericks and Windows 8.1. If I start my Computer it boots automatically into OSX if I don't press anything in the Chameleon Bootloader. Now I am not at home and I am remoting my Computer . Is there a way to boot to Windows when I am on Mac OS X without having to press something in Chameleon?

I found an App on Hackstore one day where it said "Click to boot to Windows" but it couldnt find my Windows partition. I am looking for something like this.

Would be great if someone can help me!

Thanks

Edited by Gringo Vermelho, 20 August 2014 - 07:15 AM.
Topic moved to where it belongs

redneck

redneck

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

I quit booting from Hard Drive , I use a usb drive. set the bios to boot usb first.

doubt this will work for you?

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
No, but you can do this with clover. Pretty sure windows needs to be installed in uefi mode though.

praetorius

praetorius

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Depends really on how you set up your installation.

The way it looks, there's nothing you can do other than:
1. Press anything before Chameleon boots
2. USB Boot
3. Tinker with your MBR (bad idea) or run windows setup to recover your windows bootloader.
4. Install 3rd party boot managers.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts

None of the above. He does not need to recover his Windows bootloader. Read the first post again, none of your suggestions are actually useful to him.

He needs a solution that lets him select which OS to boot into from inside either Windows or OS X because although he is able to wake his PC remotely, he cannot do anything on it until it's running an OS.

Remotely, I suppose he could let it boot into OS X and then edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist so that Chameleon boots Windows by default instead of OS X.

But then he'd be stuck in Windows until he gets home, unless he has a way to access org.chameleon.Boot.plist from within Windows.

And then there's this..and a pretty cool hack it is too: http://www.insanelym...-on-hackintosh/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy