How to boot to Windows without interactions on Chameleon?

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I have got a litte question. I have a dual-boot system with OSX Mavericks and Windows 8.1. If I start my Computer it boots automatically into OSX if I don't press anything in the Chameleon Bootloader. Now I am not at home and I am remoting my Computer . Is there a way to boot to Windows when I am on Mac OS X without having to press something in Chameleon?

I found an App on Hackstore one day where it said "Click to boot to Windows" but it couldnt find my Windows partition. I am looking for something like this.

Would be great if someone can help me!

Thanks

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Topic moved to where it belongs

None of the above. He does not need to recover his Windows bootloader. Read the first post again, none of your suggestions are actually useful to him.

He needs a solution that lets him select which OS to boot into from inside either Windows or OS X because although he is able to wake his PC remotely, he cannot do anything on it until it's running an OS.

Remotely, I suppose he could let it boot into OS X and then edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist so that Chameleon boots Windows by default instead of OS X.

But then he'd be stuck in Windows until he gets home, unless he has a way to access org.chameleon.Boot.plist from within Windows.

And then there's this..and a pretty cool hack it is too: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297324-bootcamp-on-hackintosh/