Shutdown & Restart

PHV

8 posts in this topic

Hey!

I got a almost perfect Hackintosh now. But I cant get the Shutdown & Restart to get working. My Computer shuts down but the Fans are running and the LED is on. How to fix this?

My Config:

Asus P5Q Deluxe

Intel Q8400

GTX 275

Clover r2818

Yosemite DP6

If you need anything that could help, let me know :)

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Try haltenabler and/or shutdownfix.

None of them worked for me on Yosemite. Shutdown works fine on Mavericks (using the same Clover config.plist since I'm dual-booting them from the same HDD). But it doesn't work on Yosemite. Always going into reboot instead. And it's driving me crazy. Cause I always need to shut down my computer using the power button.

If anyone knows how to fix this and needs some files for debugging, just specify what you need and I'll try to provide it.

• 1 month later...

None of them worked for me on Yosemite. Shutdown works fine on Mavericks (using the same Clover config.plist since I'm dual-booting them from the same HDD). But it doesn't work on Yosemite. Always going into reboot instead. And it's driving me crazy. Cause I always need to shut down my computer using the power button.

If anyone knows how to fix this and needs some files for debugging, just specify what you need and I'll try to provide it.

This is a different issue from the thread.

If th fan keeps running its not "our" restart thing.

On Yosemite C3 I was having this shutdown issue, finally solved it, in my case it was 'RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext' in 'Clover/kexts/10.10', I was using old version of this kext, after updating this shutdown issue solved, now system restart and shutdown properly.