Weird screen after verbose boot, 10.10 won't install

tobitronics

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get 10.10 working on my hackintosh system. Currently there is some garbage 10.9 system on my hard drive which was the result of my failed clover experiment. I followed the easy install guide and created the usb with the help of a real mac. My clover has been set up with the UEFI settings, kext-dev-mode and the HFS+ driver as well as FakeSMC and Network kexts. When I boot to the USB and then select to verbose boot the installer, I get a long verbose log which after a minute or so abruptly ends with a distorted screen (black and white). After this, the half working clover bootloader of my hard drive pops up, which obviously doesn't work. It lists the same options as the USB clover (Installer, Mavericks, recovery).

Now comes the funny part: On the first try clover did nothing and i realised i forgot the HFS+ driver. So I booted up my ubuntu machine, mounted the EFI partition and put the file in there. No problems and clover booted verbose (with problem described above). However now I also wanted to add NullCPUpowermanagement to my kexts to see if that helps, and I can't access my EFI partition anymore. Ubuntu says there is some I/O error (mounting goes fine, accessing it is not possible). Tried reboots, other ports, unmount/mount but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? My first OSX install on this machine worked fine (it was done using TMX tools) so the hardware should be OK.

Specs:

Gigabyte H81M-HD3

Intel i5-4440

8GB Ram

Integrated graphics

Thanks in advance!