Installing mac osx on dell latitude e5420

matt.zepess

9 posts in this topic

Hello, im trying to get mac osx to work on my laptop. this laptop has a i5 2.5ghz and a intel hd 3000. i dont know much about mac (windows user all my life) but my class uses it for projects and i would like to have a way to work on a project at home if needed. any help is appreciated, and if i can dual boot it with windows 7 then that would be great. just tell me how we should start. should i give my service number for dell? so you can see a basic idea of my specs (some laptops from this model dont have the same parts as others)

you should post your specs by yourself and read the installation guides. after how to enable your h3k, your sound and so on. thats where you must start.

enjoy!

whats a h3k, i know i have to modify a original copy of mac osx to even read on my laptop, and then i guess i install kext (i guess mac drivers). and what specs should i tell (give a list like graphics,cpu,sound)

hd3k is your graphic card. and no, you don´t need to modify the os x to read on your laptop. you need a proper dsdt and ssdt, fakesmc and perhaps few kexts for hw components.

check artur signature, it is like that.

start by reading and following the steps on artur´s link.

good luck!

alright, will read the guide, and will get back to everyone

hd3k is your graphic card. and no, you don´t need to modify the os x to read on your laptop. you need a proper dsdt and ssdt, fakesmc and perhaps few kexts for hw components.

check artur signature, it is like that.

start by reading and following the steps on artur´s link.

good luck!

almost forgot can i dual boot, if so how?

also in the forum. search it in installation for your system. there are many topics about it here.

ok, i got to the part where i have to choose a premade smbioses.  how do i figure out what i need. i know i have a i5 2.5ghz sandybridge cpu, and a intel hd 3000. i was thinking the macbook pro 8,1 is a decent match, because of the i5 sandybridge and the intel hd 3000, but is that the only major factors i should look for. looking at a few other options they all have different cpu or graphics