ACER Aspire 4752 10.9.5 Guide with kextpack

themacmeister

72 posts in this topic

I am assuming that starting at the Yosemite [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB creation, and MBR patching, and supplying a new kextpack would be the way to go :-)

I have a big computer build (2 computers) just dropped in my lap, one water-cooled, so I will be busy for the next few nights. I will do a full guide for 10.10.5 as soon as I am able.

BIG THANKS!!! None of this would have been possible without you RGhabriel, you were the one that showed me this was possible, I just stumbled around until I got it all working (well, all I wanted to get working) :-/

My working config only works with 10.10.5.

You are going to need to do some reading on SIP, and the two number values you will have to add to Clover --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/170611-explaining-os-x-el-capitan-security-changes-workarounds-current-information.html

I'll post this later this evening... be on the lookout. NOTE: My Clover has instant boot, if you do not want this, use Clover Configurator and uncheck -1

Keep your eyes peeled :-)

Also, you will not be able to use your Chameleon dd if=/boot0ah trick again... you will probably need a blank GUID USB stick with Clover installed on it (full working install, along with csr-active-config already set)... Use the latest and greatest build, copy the kexts/DSDT/ssdt and config.plist from current HDD Clover install... Use Clover Configurator to open it, and add the settings (you may need to add csr-active-config values manually in a text editor).

Best of luck... Config.plist coming in a few hours....

PS. Have a full backup, coz this could go pretty bad, pretty fast !! :-P

Here ya go bud -> http://www.4shared.com/zip/YfAG1ej2ba/RGH_CLOVER.html

It is my entire Clover folder, you can see I needed to patch HD 3000 video, because it went CRAZY with corruptions. New version (as in Clover config) is superb on everything but Flash movies, which appear to have a square small corrupt shape in the centre?! This might just be a Chrome thing tho...

I may have been very wrong regarding patching HD3000, I removed my patches, and it appears to be better than ever ?!?!?

You can safely remove many of those patches... new way/fix regions/imei and the two IGP fake pciid's can safely be removed, and just use Intel Injection and MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS.

I was wrong, the artefacts have returned... cannot seem to shake them. I am getting my replacement Hackintosh, a Toshiba L750 in a few days, and this machine will be reverted to Windows7 and SOLD!

New machine has NVIDIA GeForce 525m graphics :-)

Not world destroying, but reliable :-)

Thank you, it works by ur link for me , but not link in top post didnt. just noticed that I've got aspire 4752G i hope the only difference is nvidia 610M graphic card, and i know it will not work on mac os, but will hope for built in HD 3000. anyway bit thanks)

I installed Yosemite last night (over existing Mavericks, no reformat), took MORE THAN 3 HOURS!!!

Everything but microphone input works, you will need a new AppleHDA or VoodooHDA for Yosemite, but everything else seems to work fine (albeit a tiny bit slower).

Instructions on the bottom of page 2 of this thread. (from RGHabriel)

Very important to manually dd that boot1h file, or you will never be able to boot off hard drive :-(

• 3 months later...

NOTE: I managed to BRICK my BIOS, and Acer were absolutely NO HELP AT ALL...

I had an emergency BIOS flash drive ready, but no-one online, OR VIA ACER, were any help at all. Acer wanted to make money out of my 5 year old laptop, and I told them in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that this was going to the bottom of a cliff if they would not simply give me the filename needed for the BIOS on the USB.

They did not tell me, and the laptop is now at the bottom of a cliff.

I am using an HP ProBook 6550b at the moment, and apart from the graphics, it is WAY faster than the Acer ever was.

UPDATE: This means I can no longer provide any support regarding this laptop. I will try and keep the kextpack available for as long as possible tho...

• Like 1

Hello themacmeister, I have some files bios that I always use to fix bios acer 4752 some time ago, you can try from the old version first (here you go). and i already mirroing your kext, if you do not allow me to mirror your kext, I can remove it  ^_^. And one thing. This will be the end of the year, which boast with you. I was quite impressed with the Acer 4752 laptop, which has so far accompanied my business. I think it's time to keep it to become precious memories, cause i have real Mac now  :D.

Whis you all the best bro  :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks RGhabriel, but I have thrown the twisted burning wreck off a cliff... There is no way of knowing the correct filename to use for the BIOS file, and ACER wants $150 to rename a file on a USB stick. The laptop cost that much, so sorry ACER, you can suck my nuts!...

I have real desktop Mac, but I am always looking for an affordable MacBookPro.

• 1 year later...

I got that MacBookPro in August 2016 :-)

It is a 2012 15" Retina model with 16GB RAM and 960GB OCW SSD :-)

So --- maxed out !!!

My main Hackintosh (Sandy Bridge i7-2600/GTX 670/16GB DDR3) is running Sierra 10.12.3 too... and is as flawless as it could be...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats bro. A week ago my MBP has graphics issue and it keep restarting when i running a big apps :( then i sent it to Service Center. For now i try make my old AMD working hackintosh smoothly. And i have some little conflict while running some apps like adobe and playonmac. :'(

• 7 months later...

Hi Sir Friends

My Specs

Laptop

Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-572-321G 

(core i3 7100u)

intel HD 620

Ram 8GB DDR4 2400mhz 

1tb hard drive sata

problem Usb not booting acpi and usb errors

iam installing Sierra / high Sierra

plz help me right kext for use and my DSDT and SSDT Generate for Mac OS 

under clover/acpi/origin DSDT and SSDT

my CLOVER.zip dropbox link.    https://www.dropbox....CLOVER.zip?dl=0

Thanks in Advance

This is the wrong place to ask for help with that new hardware. This post was 2nd-gen Core i, not 7th-gen.

I have V5-573 Haswell, and it took me two weeks of solid work to get macOS working to my satisfaction.

You may need USBInjectAll.kext (latest) which also has 200-series-XHCI-injector.kext

You will almost certainly need FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext too

Head over to the Discord, and see if /u/corpnewt can fix you up with a minimal working EFI folder/kexts etc.

He got my (troublesome) B250M Kaby Lake i5 running sweetly.

Discord invite link is on reddit /r/hackintosh in the sidebar.

Best of luck!!

• 1 year later...