Intel HD 3000 no graphics

bbm21

156 posts in this topic

A bit off-topic...

Must be a Celeron/Pentium/Atom CPU?

That device-id is not supported natively by the Azul Info.plist.

You could do a device-id inject (0xa16), which would solve IOKit matching. But the binary might still check (which would require binary patching), and then there is the issue of there is likely not an MEI device (AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext seems to do some communication with AppleIntelMEIDriver).

A bit off-topic...

Must be a Celeron/Pentium/Atom CPU?

That device-id is not supported natively by the Azul Info.plist.

You could do a device-id inject (0xa16), which would solve IOKit matching. But the binary might still check (which would require binary patching), and then there is the issue of there is likely not an MEI device (AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext seems to do some communication with AppleIntelMEIDriver).

Acer ChromeBook uses Haswell Celeron I think, it's just to get a portable OS X I can use in bed without having to buy an other laptop (I still have iBook 14", but it's so old, and bulky, with 10.5.8)

• 3 weeks later...

Just updating that a similar setup for me works for the Acer W700 on Yosemite.

I was hoping for a welcome surprise to see eDP for hybrid CPUs supported as Windows, Linux do, but that was a daydream fantasy, Apple rarely support technologies they do not use (the exception was only when they first introduced Intel Macs back in 2006)

My laptop has 1024MB of graphics but only shows 512MB after installing the Intel graphics patch anything I'm missing to get full graphics?

Actually, HD3000 has no dedicated memory. It uses system memory. The amount used by the OS X drivers depends on version of OS X and the amount of RAM your computer has.

Oh okay I get it. How about if I want to use that of my ATI Radeon is there any boot flags to enable that?

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.