Intel HD 3000 no graphics

bbm21

156 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been trying for a long time to get my intel hd 3000 to work in OSX. I am using a samsung series 9 laptop with core i5 sandy bridge, and intel hd 3000.

I am using the Macbook pro 8,1 SMBios (using Clover). I have generated SSDT with clover, and patched dsdt to enable dual link, as shown here: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2193, and I put the file under the EFI partition in CLOVER/ACPI/patched as DSDT.aml. I am not sure if I need to do anything else to get clover to use that DSDT file

Using stock graphics kexts.

Basically, when I boot it seems to boot fine, no warnings about AppleIntelFramebuffer or anything, gets past DSMOS has arrived, and stops in the middle of one of the many AppleLMUController messages like it is going to work, but just hangs there. After a while the display goes off like it is sleeping, but pressing the power button doesn't bring the display on.

Thank you in advance

ok sounds good thanks. By the way, is putting a file called DSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/Patched enough to get clover to use that dsdt?

No. It would need to be at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

sorry I meant EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

I used the graphics_HD3K_high.txt patch on a fresh unedited DSDT, but it didn't work :( 

Thanks for the help guys

No idea without knowing more about your specs. Chipset (6-series or 7-series)? VT-d disabled in BIOS (use dart=0 if you can't). Screen resolution (use HD3K_low if 1366x768, HD3K_high if 1600x900 or greater).

Make sure your Clover config.plist settings are not overriding your DSDT injection...

Can't disable VT-d in bios, I will try dart=0, I didn't know about that

Also I just ran lspci and I definitely have a 7-series board, the sceen resolution is 1600x900, that why I used high

also, how do I check to make sure that my clover config is not overriding my DSDT injection?

thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it

OK here is what I did. First I used the graphics_HD3K_high patch on a fresh dsdt, then I used the MEI sandy patch, compiled and placed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. booted with -v dart=0 and still the same problem. Tried deleting my config.plist and booting without one (in case it was interfering with my dsdt) but still nothing. I am going to reinstall osx on a new partition and try again there.

im using "graphics_HD3K_high.txt" from https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/graphics, does that include support for 7-series chipset (what I assume you call hm7x chipset)?

No. For high resolution HD3000 on 7-series, you'd have to use both patches:

"HD3000 High Resolution"

"HD3000 on 7-series"

ok new install with both patches doesnt do it. I think I might just install charmeleon instead of clover and try it with that. I have more experience with charmeleon

It could be issues in your config.plist... There are many ways to create an incorrect config.plist...

It could be VT-d is enabled but you've not specified dart=0.

It could be you don't have DEP enabled in BIOS (will usually cause reboot)

It could be you have lapic panic (need to enable KernelLapic).

It could be you have nvidia (Optimus) but are not using nv_disable=1.

It could be you failed to inject FakeSMC.kext.

It could also be something else, but no (other) ideas without a photo of verbose boot...

Can I ask 4 an help? I have 2 option: On a Laptop HM65 Sandy Bridge... Or laptop display working with no acceleration graphics..... Or graphics acceleration working only on HDMI port... so no laptop display working.... I need only 1366 x 768 laptop display with acceleration... In the same wit ML or Mavericks....  I like to know where is the proble... or may be someting to edit.... Thanks.... I ask it many times but nothing.....

as said, those two patches plus right smbios and graphics inject would had do the trick.

Yes, although the patches are the "graphics inject"...

But there is still plenty more that can be wrong, as I pointed out in post #14.

But bbm21 is not being very helpful... No photo of failure. No hardware details in signature.

Can I ask 4 an help? I have 2 option: On a Laptop HM65 Sandy Bridge... Or laptop display working with no acceleration graphics..... Or graphics acceleration working only on HDMI port... so no laptop display working.... I need only 1366 x 768 laptop display with acceleration... In the same wit ML or Mavericks....  I like to know where is the proble... or may be someting to edit.... Thanks.... I ask it many times but nothing.....

See post #17. You need to provide all details of your hardware. Otherwise, all you get is guesses...

Yes, although the patches are the "graphics inject"...

with those patches there is no need to use <key>Intel</key>

<true/>?

with those patches there is no need to use <key>Intel</key>

<true/>?

Correct. No need. Graphics/Inject/Intel=true may provide some cosmetics, but that's it...

ok here is my hardware from lspci (let me know if you need any more)

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM75 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
03:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)

VT-d is not in bios I am using the dart=0 command

DEP is enabled

I'll look into the lapic panic (not an hp laptop, but I'll try it)

no nvidia graphics (only the intel hd 3000)

fairly certain fakeSMC is properly injected (I was having problems with this earlier but I fixed it).

I should also mention I can boot by removing AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, but then I dont have any acceleration.

I will try to get a picture of the verbose boot but I don't have a camera or a smartphone so its kinda hard (sorry)

sorry for not being more helpful, I'll try to do more. I appreciate you guys helping me out

EDIT: until I find a smartphone or camera to borrow this is the best I can do.

basically, it says stuff about airport and my wireless card, then a ton of : "AppleLMUController::smcReadKey received error 0x84 when reading key 'XXXX'" (maybe related to fake smc), then stuff about Elan touchpad, then 

"init 

probe

DSMOS has arrrived " (or something like that

then more AppleLMUController errors, and then the cursor stops in the middle of one of the AppleLMUController errors and just hangs there

ok here is my hardware from lspci (let me know if you need any more)

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM75 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
03:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)
VT-d is not in bios I am using the dart=0 command

DEP is enabled

I'll look into the lapic panic (not an hp laptop, but I'll try it)

no nvidia graphics (only the intel hd 3000)

fairly certain fakeSMC is properly injected (I was having problems with this earlier but I fixed it).

I should also mention I can boot by removing AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, but then I dont have any acceleration.

I will try to get a picture of the verbose boot but I don't have a camera or a smartphone so its kinda hard (sorry)

sorry for not being more helpful, I'll try to do more. I appreciate you guys helping me out

EDIT: until I find a smartphone or camera to borrow this is the best I can do.

basically, it says stuff about airport and my wireless card, then a ton of : "AppleLMUController::smcReadKey received error 0x84 when reading key 'XXXX'" (maybe related to fake smc), then stuff about Elan touchpad, then 

"init 

probe

DSMOS has arrrived " (or something like that

then more AppleLMUController errors, and then the cursor stops in the middle of one of the AppleLMUController errors and just hangs there

Post photo, EFI/Clover/config.plist, and EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

The most important messages are not always the last ones.

The patches from post #12 assume stock HD3000 kexts.

OK here is my DSDT.aml, a picture of the boot and my config.plist. This is the most recent config I have used. I have used other config.plist's and have recently tried booting without one (in case it was interfering with my dsdt). Somehow clover uses Macbook pro 8,1 as a smbios even when I have not config.plist.

Thanks again

config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<integer>8</integer>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>04/22/11</string>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>C02JKWF6DH2G</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBP81.88Z.0047.B0E.1104221557</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Pro</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
		<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		<string>HZQ9YH8P8YG7PFXO7</string>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>-v dart=0</string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>NeverHibernate</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<false/>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QVBQTEUgU1NE				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAAAAAAAA				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable Trim on SSD</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>bluemac</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
				<key>FullTitle</key>
				<string>UEFI Internal</string>
				<key>Hidden</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Type</key>
				<string>Other</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<false/>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>InjectKexts</key>
		<string>Detect</string>
	</dict>
	</dict>
	</plist>

DSDT.aml is zipped because I don't have permission to upload it as .aml 

post-1366631-0-06566600-1408217133_thumb.jpg

DSDT.aml.zip

OK ya it wasn't. This time I used linux to get my default DSDT, and then patched them correctly (I think) My default DSDT has 1 error, which I fixed using DSDT editor's 
"fix errors" button. This error comes up if I don't apply patches. then I applied the two patches, compiled, fixed errors and saved as EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

This time I got closer. When I boot, it complains about either AppleIntelFrabufferCapri, failing to load since AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB has a class by the same name (or something like that) or about AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failing to load since AppleIntelFrabufferCapri has a class by the same name. It keeps going for a while after that, getting further than before, and this time stopping after one of the AppleLMUController errors rather than in the middle of one. It hangs there, but if I press enter, three more AppleLMUController errors come up. If I close the laptop lid the screen goes off, but goes back on to the same thing.

here is my new dsdt. I can try and take another picture too.

DSDT.aml.zip