• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

viomusicstudio

viomusicstudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Is this card compatible with Mac OS X? I have learned that it is better for gaming than gtx 750ti which I know it's not compatible at all. This video card is a very good price at this store in my country.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,179 posts

DeviceID is already known?

Grzesiek13

Grzesiek13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

6819 - same as HD7850

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,179 posts

6819 - same as HD7850

In this case it is supported. You have to correct info.plist of AMD*.kexts to add this DeviceID or use Clover's ability to make FakeID=0x68181002

See my signature about Clover.

viomusicstudio

viomusicstudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I just bought the video card Saphire R7 265 and yes, the device id is 6819.

I have Mac OS X10.8.5 installed on my pc with myHack, the only way that worked on my old lga775 Supermicro c2sba motherboard. When I installed OSX I had a GTS250 video card that worked natively with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".  I replaced the old gts250 video card with the new one r7 265 and boot up the sistem with "Graphicsenabler=No". Clover is only for EFI computers? Mine is old with normal bios. Please help, I don't know how to make it work, I dont know what kext I have to modify etc.

Attached Files

vusun123

vusun123

Watching Breaking Bad ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Clover also works for Legacy BIOS computer too. You have to modify the binaries in the AMD7000Controller kext, read Slice's thread to know more

viomusicstudio

viomusicstudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I have changed binaries in AMD7000Controller.kext like in Splice thread (Change 68181002 -> 68191002). Nothing happens. Same operation with AMDRadeonAccelerator. Result: white screen with mouse pointer visible. It seem it's doesn't working.

Later edit: I found the FBrotate trick and it works. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy