• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

charliebounce

charliebounce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 38 posts

Hi All, 

I have a this laptop and it works almost perfectly under Mavericks (Specs below). Just one problem, Sometimes when I close the lid, it does not sleep at all. This happens approximately 1 in 5 occasions. On the other 4 in 5 occasions, it will sleep just fine. I can tell that it is sleeping because it disappears from the network when it sleeps properly. I also always check any assertions (pmset -g assertions) to ensure that no background services are preventing sleep. 

When I use the Apple Logo->Sleep from Finder and close the lid, It will sleep just fine every time and I can safely close the lid once the keyboard backlight turns off. 

-Intel i7 4510U

-Intel HD 4400 (1920x1080 kexts from 10.9.1 to enable HDMI)
-8GB RAM
-ALC283 Audio (small issue with headphone audio)
-Replaced Intel Dual Band 7260-N with Broadcom BCM94352HMB.

Have any of you guys experienced this issue before? Is the away (maybe a small App) that will force sleep every time I close the lid. I have tried a few DSDT patches (thanks Rehabman) but no success yet.

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

if sleep is working perfectly from the apple menu and rarely fails from closing the lid, i guess you don´t have a real sleep problem. 

charliebounce

charliebounce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 38 posts

Yes sleep is working perfectly from the Apple menu. Its just that when I close the lid, sometimes it sleeps and sometimes it does not sleep. On occasions when it does't sleep, the lid does not turn on when I open and I have to force turn off by the power button or access from another Mac using "Share Screen" to shutdown. So it clear that on this occasion it did not sleep.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Have you tried any of these pnlf patches? https://github.com/R...master/graphics

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,345 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

Have you tried any of these pnlf patches? https://github.com/R...master/graphics

charlie is well aware of them... :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy