Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition (7520)

TheNavigator

104 posts in this topic

for a minute, I had an issue with downloading the files but got them now.  But unfortunately, working with the instructions in the original post, I find myself getting stuck at "still waiting for root device "  I had tried the other com.chameleon.boot.plist as well on pg.5 with the same results.  I tried following them using OS X 10.10.3 and am using a usb 2.0 installer.  Thank you.

• 1 month later...

for a minute, I had an issue with downloading the files but got them now.  But unfortunately, working with the instructions in the original post, I find myself getting stuck at "still waiting for root device "  I had tried the other com.chameleon.boot.plist as well on pg.5 with the same results.  I tried following them using OS X 10.10.3 and am using a usb 2.0 installer.  Thank you.

Hi,

Either use an USB 3.0 installer, or try the attached kexts. 

Archief.zip

• 1 month later...

My minor upgrade from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 was quite smooth, similar to the previous one from 10.10.2 to 10.10.3:

- I use the same patched intel capri kext like 10.10.3 (uploaded here

- Reapply ssdtGen and Patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with AICPMPatch

- I don't re-patch AppleHDA (it adds only output to speaker, which I never use)

Things work smoothly to me now :)

• 1 month later...

The next minor upgrade from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 caused a little problem to me, I forgot to rematch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. i.e. I got kernel panic all the time. I have to boot with my USB installer, open terminal and copy the original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from USB installer to my OS X installation. Things work after that. 

As previous upgrades, to fix the rest:

- I used the same patched intel capri kext like in 10.10.3 (uploaded here)

- Reapply ssdtPRGen and patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with AICPMPatch. Note that in order for the CPU power saving to work we need to choose MacBookPro9,1 in sambas (in Chameleon Wizard)

- I still use VoodooHDA for headphone output.

- Bonus: I disabled the discrete ATI 7730m graphic cards with the following steps:

+ extract original ssdt and dsdt using linux (in linux: sudo cp -r /sys/firmware/acpi/tables /path/to/somewhere)

+ decompile those ssdt and dsdt: in OS X: iasl -da DSDT SSDT1 SSDT2 SSDT3 SSDT4

+ patch SSDT4.dsl with MaciASL: two things. 1. GFX0 -> IGPU. 2. add _OFF() to _INI of the PEG0, similar to this.

+ Compile the SSDT4. Should be fine if you decompile with DSDT and all SSDTs in the second steps.

+ Copy SSDT4.aml to /Extra/SSDT-2.aml

+ Reboot, check with "About This Mac" - "System Reports..." - "Graphics/Displays"

We should have mooooooore battery now ;)