Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition (7520)

TheNavigator

104 posts in this topic

Didn't work. Left it for over 10 minutes, stuck at the same point. However, I guess I saw "Still waiting for root device" in the beginning, it didn't repeat though. In Mavericks there was a fix because of the USB 3 thing (I don't have any USB 2 ports), and the error kept repeating, however, for DP1 I didn't have to use any patches.

That is weird...

Okay, I'm one step closer.

It looks like I was right. "Still waiting for root device" shows up now, and it keeps on repeating. USBBusFix=Yes didn't fix it.

That happened before, it was because all my ports were USB 3. I don't remember what was the fix, though.

I lost DP5, deleted it by mistake. I still have DP1 but I couldn't find any delta update links to update from DP1 to DP2 so I guess I'm just going to download DP2 and try the whole thing again.

EDIT: Couldn't find DP2 either. The WiFi dongle's kext that works on Mavericks doesn't work on Yosemite, so I've got no internet connection. I have no idea how to upgrade.

This sucks.

EDIT: Even ethernet doesn't work on DP1. I guess I have to redownload DP5 from the app store again... Okay...

P.S, is there any way to download DP6 directly after I redeemed DP5's code?

dont use kext wizard. use those 2 commands on terminal to update caches and disk utility for permitions:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a x86_64 -z -v 2

sudo kextcache -system-caches -v 2

i could only rebuild caches with those two. maybe you can solve problems by using it.

Disk utility's option was greyed out, however, I installed that DP2 upgrade and graphics acceleration worked instantly. Brightness also works, sound doesn't, and sleeping seems to work, since it slept and woke up in DP1.

Disk utility's repair permission isn't greyed out anymore, too.

Tried rebuilding cache and fixing permissions, ethernet and the WiFi dongle still both don't work. (I used the same package for the WiFi dongle that I used for Mavericks, www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3539-tp-link-tl-wn723n-v3-tl-wn725n-v2-usb-wifi/ )

I'm going to start downloading the DP3 upgrade now. Hopefully as we reach DP5 things will start working.