Sudden boot0: GPT / boot0: test / boot0: done problem on previously working system

Chameleon boot0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Glaedr

Glaedr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hello everybody, this morning when I rebooted my Hackintosh system I was greeted by the following lines instead of the usual Chameleon menu:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done

I was able to boot from an USB stick which had an OS X installer, and therefore Chameleon, on, but none of the common repairs helped. I tried to reinstall Chameleon, update to the latest SVN non-testing version, install Chameleon in another partition of the same disk on which i had installed Yosemite for testing (it didn't boot from there either), use the well known dd command (without the bs=4096 parameter) even if it doesn't look like the classic 4K sector issue (I do have a WD Caviar Black but as far as I know the 4K sector problem shows up with a "boot0: error" line).

I am attaching a DarwinDump hoping some of you will know where to look.

Thanks in advance.

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

You can try this 

boot with the usb (Chameleon Installer) on the Mavericks Installation go to disk utility and clic to your partition drive you have Installe .
and clic Unmount 

see this picture 
01110.png

Now quit the disk Utility and open the terminal Utility 

and type this 

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

quit the terminal and quit the Installation , reboot to your HDD    ;)

Glaedr

Glaedr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

You can try this

boot with the usb (Chameleon Installer) on the Mavericks Installation go to disk utility and clic to your partition drive you have Installe .
and clic Unmount

see this picture
01110.png

Now quit the disk Utility and open the terminal Utility

and type this

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

quit the terminal and quit the Installation , reboot to your HDD ;)

That would be the well known dd command I wrote about above...already tried, not working, sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy