What is the best solution to backup my Yosemite Disk?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Aide

Aide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Now that I have a fully working Yosemite Beta Hackintosh machine, can anyone tell me the best solution to backup my Yosemite Disk? (just in case I need to re-build)

Thanks in advance.

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,357 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...

superduper is a great app, just remember to reinstall the bootloader ;)

Aide

Aide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Thanks for your reply but is there anything that will clone everything, so that I don't have to worry about re-installing the bootloader?

Thanks in advance

robE

robE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I'm using paragon backup since it's free and saved my but more than once. The only downside is that you need windows first to create a bootable recovery usb from which you can boot every time you want and backup the entire HDD(bootloader included).

Aide

Aide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I'm using paragon backup since it's free and saved my but more than once. The only downside is that you need windows first to create a bootable recovery usb from which you can boot every time you want and backup the entire HDD(bootloader included).

Many Thanks but I haven't got Windows on my Internal it's just Yosemite...I have Windows on a separate machine 

.venice.

.venice.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Carbon Copy Cloner

arcade33

arcade33

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:electronic informatic

carbon copy cloner and clone X 4 don't clone boot loader

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 583 posts

just cloned ( with CCC ) my installation to a ssd and installed chameleon, not a big deal.

IMO cloning with boot loader works only on real macs 

greetings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy