[deleted]

fN201v91yKadmdjxA

36 posts in this topic

Hey everybody!

My new notebook is now running on Mavericks and I've still got some problems, which are only fixable with DSDT Patches. i tried to fix them on my own, but I failed. I hope someone will take a look on my DSDT an tries to clean those errors. When I've got a clean DSDT, I can add some fixes and try to get this thing work properly. Right now I've got those problems:

Wrong max. brightness

No brightness slider

AMD Graphics seems running in the backround

All files are attatched down below.

greetz

M4RWiN

Extract all ACPI files in Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables, /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic).

Then disassemble with all DSDT/SSDTs in a single directory 'iasl -da *' in Terminal.

I think you just need to disassemble just the dsdt/ssdt

+1... People need to read more carefully.

Ok, thx for the tip :) Here are the files he gave me. Attatched down below.

DSDT patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "Fix PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB Error"

Apply: "Fix ADBG Error"

Use ACPI 5.0.

But when I open this .aml in MacIASL again, and try to compile it again, it gives me 2 Errors. Is this normal?

To be expected. You cannot disassemble standalone.

Here is my error-free DSDT. But when I try to apply the brightness fix to the errror free dsl, and then export it as a aml and set it to /Extra, it doesn't take effect  <_<

The Haswell Brightness fix doesn't work at all  :(

No file is attached.

Did you install ACPIBacklight.kext? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Oh, sorry :D

The file from the Post above is the same, because I only edited this post.

I will try and report, thx!  :rolleyes:

Also, your GFX0 device must be defined in an SSDT, so you need to patch that file not DSDT (DSDT still needs rename patch).

So I have to apply the GFX to IGPU Patch in both ones?

Read carefully:

Haswell Brightness Fix:

DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:

"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"

- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set

- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'

- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

In the DSDT and SSDT-5 I get 2 Errors: BAR1 does not exist and _DOS is not accesible. Sorry that I'm not understanding everything at the first time :blush: , I'm from Germany and still learning English.

DSDT should be patched only with rename patch.

SSDT-5 should be patched first with rename patch, second with brightness patch. In that order...

If you need help, post the native files.

Okay, then I attach the Files extracted from Linux :)

DSDT error can be fixed with "Fix PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB Error". The rename patch works fine on it.

GFX0 device is defined in SSDT4.dsl. The rename and brightness fix patch applies just fine.

Not sure what you're doing with SSDT5..., but it can be fixed by removing the one line causing the error (eg. //Arg0)

If you wish to disable the discrete card, call _OFF from _SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._INI (in SSDT5). Don't forget to rename GFX0 to IGPU in each SSDT you plan to include. And don't forget to drop OEM tables (you cannot replace SSDTs without dropping the OEM ones).

Okay, can you attach the Files?

I'm totally new at DSDT (and SSDT) Editing  :wacko: . I just thought, I have to Include this into SSDT-5, because the Rename Patch takes effect  :D  :blush:

Follow the instructions in post #19. You need to learn to do it yourself...

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG THX RehabMan!!!

I've got full brightness now!

Don't know if the AMD card is disabled, if not, i will fix it later!

Can I donate anyway?

Glad you have it working...

What I've noticed:

Because of the DSDT Sleep is working more or less. When I close the Lid, it turns into Sleep and reboots instantly.

Native power management implemented? What is the behavior of Apple->Sleep as compared to lid sleep?