Sleeping whilst files transferring

shepworth

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

New to the forum but hope that someone out there may have had the same issue.  

Firstly, my build went well, installed using Clover and everything seems to work fine. The specs are

Gigabyte Z87x-UD5-H

Intel i4770k

32Gb Hyper RaM

Gigabyte 770GTX

Corsair 500R Case

Corsair H100i cooler

OS X 10.9.2

2 * Samsung EVO 250Gb

2 * WD Green 3TB set as 1 6Gb Software RAID.

As I said, after some teething, everything seems to be fine. Wake/Sleep all good, USB 2 and 3 ports working fine.

However, there is one niggling little issue.

I do a lot of transferring of big files (I'm an editor/motion graphics person) and I like to do them at night.  I also don't like to leave the computer awake for too long so I normally set it to sleep at about 30 minutes. 

However, if I'm transferring a big file on my crappy upload speed it could take two to three hours.  On my iMac this is all fine and the computer does its thing and when it's finished it'll go to sleep after the requisite idle time.  On the hack pro it just goes to sleep if there's no keyboard/mouse input after 30 minutes.  

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? I realise it's quite a minor problem but I'd like to at least know why it's doing this?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Correct, the only way to manage the H100i is by having a dual boot system and managing it through windows.  This would have been an issue for me had I had the earlier firmware with the noisy fans.  I was lucky and didn't have to.

Aside from that, I don't see why I would want to manage it.  It works, brilliantly, idle temp is around 29 degrees and under load it gets up to maybe 65-70 and that's with the stock thermal paste it came with which I'm probably going to change if I decide to overclock.

The one thing I have done is replace the fans (yesterday) with Noctua ones and they're superb.  I can barely hear the computer running now.