Voodoohda & Alc272 Sound Only After Sleep/wake

vladdr

8 posts in this topic

Hi there.
I have a eMachines E732G laptop (Mavericks 10.9.4) with Intel Core i3-380M Processor, Radeon HD 5650 Graphic and a Realtek ALC272 Audio.
I’ve installed VoodooHDA 2.8.6. Sound works 3 seconds after start playing music. I have to change the format in the audio-MIDI setup and then the sound works again a few seconds. If I chose 48000 Hz it works 3 seconds, 96000 - 2 seconds, 192000 Hz - about 1 second.

I also noticed when I put my Laptop to sleep (hibernate mode 3) & wake it again, then sound works PERFECTLY.

Please Help!
Sorry for my English.

mydump.txt

info.plist.txt

• 3 months later...

Has there been any progress?

I have also a Alc272x in my Emachines E732ZG laptop, and installed Yosemite 10.10.1 via Clover and VoodooHDA.kext 2.8.7. After adding the NodesToPatch in info.plist the sound devices apper in the osx sound preferences correctly, and sound works great for the first 3-5 seconds depending on the frequency in AudioMidiSettings (the lower the frequency, the longer the sound works). Switching the frequency helps temporarily. I've read that other people are facing the same promblem (also with other chips), without any solution yet.

I've already tried AppleHDA witch didn't work for me, and since sound obviously works, and given the much more comfortable 'patching' of VoodooHDA, I don't want to use the Apple driver.

I also tried different settings in Clover, and Info.plist and I played around with dsdt, pretty much along the whole day, the problem appeared in almost all cases, if the devices appeared in the system settings, so I dont think that the problem is VoodooHDA itself.

I've read that wrong FSB settings may cause distortion or crackeling sound, could this maybe cause this problem too? If yes from where do I get the value that has to be in the Clover FSB key? Or do you have some other ideas?