Optiplex 740 Enhanced Hack

Tmarkr

4 posts in this topic

let me start by saying.... stupid newbie here!!!

first hack and I have to start with an AMD processor, sheesh

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 5200 2.7Ghz

Nvidia DeForce 6150LE

3gb ram

I've gotten as far as getting LegacyEmpireEFI_V1.08 booting and getting my OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 to show up, but then it reboots into Windows.  Now I'm wondering if my snow leopard disc is a "retail" disc or an update, thinking retail because I have used a couple times on my iMac to reload the OS, new harddrive.  Does EmpireEFI only work with 10.6 and nothing after??  On Prasys' blog he had mentioned a v1.085 or 1.09 for AMD, but I can't find anything and his links are gone for downloads.

Is there another method that is as good or better then Empire?? and easy, since I am new to this

So, I have got it up and running using ...

OSX86_ModCD-032311-151021

OSX 10.6.3 dvd

Now I just have to get the ethernet working and update to 10.6.8

* tried to update to 10.6.8 using...

MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg

1413-legacy_kernel-10.6.8.pkg

following the outline here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/277312-how-to-upgrade-from-1063-to-1068/?p=1807426

but unfortunately it didn't work, back to square one and a reboot into 10.6.3.  All I got was the Apple grey screen and stalled there

any tips??

** Has anyone updated to 10.6.8 through Apple Software Update successfully??

so... I found a kext(AppleBCM5751Ethernet) for the ethernet and I am trying Kext Wizard, but no luck on ethernet.  any other kexts for Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller?

*temporary internet fix... I had a Realtek Wlan adapter that I got working after installing the driver, would still like to get the ethernet working

** I'm also looking for any help with adjusting screen resolution, all I'm getting is 1024x768, which really fills up a 17" dell screen

• 2 weeks later...