Perhaps the most n00b question ever

Phr4c7ur3

4 posts in this topic

How does one ensure that hardware is working as well as it can, rather than simply just working?  I've spent some time reading through various threads on here and elsewhere but it seems that only certain devices/features, which are already known to be under-performing with a vanilla install, are addressed for improvement. How does one determine whether all the components of their computer are working at their full capacity?

i may add to what Connactic said

that you can compare benches with Windows ones (if you test the gpu choose a benchapp that uses OpenGl under win)

and speedstep is a game changer in terms of system speed, so if its is not working properly on OsX you should have to fix that... (you can use apps such hwmonitor to check if its working)

Good luck and have fun.

P.s.

remember to post back your results ;)

Thank you, theconnactic and JahStories.

I will post back as soon as I get my results, I'm currently battling DSDT editors...not having much luck today tbh.