Stuck on boot after installing clover

bazpaul

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've been trying this for awhile but I still can't get past this screen. I can install Yosemite fine from the USB. When Yosemite loads my network and sound doesn't work. Using hackintosh Vietnam I installed clover with uefi. And install the Broadcom kext and the voodoo kext for sound. I also checked the latest fakesmc

However when I reboot now with - v and kext-dev arguments. My boot screen is stuck here.

Sorry for being a noob, but does anyone have any ideas??

Sorry for double post I'm on my phone

post-1383087-0-60208500-1407271417_thumb.jpg

You have booted into single-user mode which is a command-line environment.  Single-user mode gave you the command-line prompt "bash" but then it printed more information.  It is waiting for you to respond.

Press <Enter>

Then type:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
exit

Hi mate, thanks very much.

I realise I had the - s argument.

I'm very close now. When I boot from the disk the screen goes blank.

Now I have to boot from the bootable USB and set graphicsenabler=no in clover options.

I'm not 100% sure where I should edit the config p. List

I'm used to chameleon with an Extras folder with a boot. Plist

I think I need to mount an efi partition using clover configurator then edit the config file, is this right?

I'm very close now. When I boot from the disk the screen goes blank.

Do the graphics work when you boot from the USB drive and select the disk to boot?

I think I need to mount an efi partition using clover configurator then edit the config file, is this right?

Did you install Clover to the EFI partition or to MBR?  What did you select under "Customize" in the Clover installer?  If you installed it to MBR, then there is a folder named "EFI" at the root of the disk.  Open that and the config.plist is in the "CLOVER" folder.

Thanks for your reply.

When I boot from bootable USB and select my hdd it goes straight into Yosemite.

But when I boot directly to Yosemite hdd it blacks out. I have to set graphicsenabler=no in arguments before I can boot with hdd.

I installed clover with uefi using Hackintosh Vietnam.

Now in Yosemite I open clover configurator, click mount efi partition, then open partition, then I can see clover folder with a config.Plist inside.

When I open that there are a bunch of arguments. I added graphicsenabler=no

But I still don't think it boots from hdd

GraphicsEnabler=No is a Chameleon parameter.  It does not work in Clover.

In Clover, you have to set the video injection to False:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>

YES!!!! I had a Eureaka moment today.

I was messing around mounting the EFI partitions but I still couldnt understand why the hardrive was booting differently (with no graphics support). I knew the config settings were different but I couldnt find them.

So for any other n00b on here this is what I did.

1. Ran Clover Configurator off the USB and mounted the EFI partition (which I presumed must be the EFI of the USB)
  2. Copied the EFI folder to the desktop
  3. Unmounted the EFI partition
  4. Ejected the bootable USB from the machine (just to be sure i'm only working on the hdd EFI)
  5. Ran clover configurator off the hardrive and mounted the EFI partition
  6. Copied the EFI folder from the desktop over the simialr folder on the EFI partition.

I rebooted and removed the USB and Finally i could boot off the HDD!

This is probably obvious for lots of you guys but not for us noobs :)

Only two issues now -

1 - No network device has been found. I tried to install the broadcom kext using Vietnam but still not working. I tried to install the realtek kext (as another guy suggested) but still not working :(  - I'm not sure how to proceed. On the EFI drive under the 'Other' folder only the 'FAKESMC' kext exists, should I drop teh other two in here?

2 - I read that the ALC892 Realtek Kext doesnt work so I installed Voodoo 2xx4 but now my sound has a background fuzz to it. Any ideas? How do I remove the old Kext if i want to try others?

Thanks very much!

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been trying this for awhile but I still can't get past this screen. I can install Yosemite fine from the USB. When Yosemite loads my network and sound doesn't work. Using hackintosh Vietnam I installed clover with uefi. And install the Broadcom kext and the voodoo kext for sound. I also checked the latest fakesmc

However when I reboot now with - v and kext-dev arguments. My boot screen is stuck here.

Sorry for being a noob, but does anyone have any ideas??

Sorry for double post I'm on my phone

This work but you must waiting several min. and lather work great.

• 2 weeks later...

This work but you must waiting several min. and lather work great.

• sudo chown root:admin /
  • enter your password
  • sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
  • sudo kextcache -system-caches
  • Open System Preferences
  • Open Startup Disk
  • Ensure Startup Disk is still set correctly
  • Reboot

Stolen from this Website

HBP