Touch screens and Yosemite

Allsop

7 posts in this topic

I have a GeChic ON-LAP 1002 touch monitor that I use for a NUC system (WIN 8.1).

Anyway it isn't supported in Mavericks so you have to buy a third party driver from 

Touch Base to support it's ILITEK controller to get mouse gestures to work.

Now with Yosemite the screen works with Yosemite's own touch driver, though 

only basic mouse gestures is supported like moving the cursor, clicking etc. (no right click)

Just some info on my findings  :)

• 1 month later...

I'm using yosemite on my yoga 13 and touch screen works out of box but without multitouch support , I'm looking into if the full version of touch base's driver will enable multitouch but Im hesitant on purchasing it since the native yosemite drivers work flawlessly and the touchbase driver craps out every 15 minutes or so and needs to have the settings changed for the touch screen to work again ( stops accepting clicks but still moves mouse ) .

I would really like to know if anyone is able to enable gestures , please let me know if you have any ideas or if its possibly just a preference of plist file that needs to be edited to enable.

touchscreen.tiff

• 1 month later...

I have installed Yosemite on Dell XPS18 9Q33. Touchscreen controller is obviously running but there is always a ghost clicking on upper left corner. With this ghost clicking point and my finger, it does seem I have at least two fingers touch working with Yosemite built in driver...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys can you help me solve, how to disable touch screen on yosemite? I want to disable it because my digitizer is broken and I have random/ghost touch everywhere. Thanks in Advance guys!

You can very easily disable the touch screen on the X202E with UPDD Console from Touch-Base. Download the program and within it you can simply disable the hardware of the Atmel Digitizer, and it appears that the trial never runs out if you are just using it to disable the touch screen. It works perfectly on my x202e.