• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 1,066 posts
  • Interests:Cats

To test it by pinging to google.nl and play a game at the same time. When the game hangs I also see "ping: sendto: No route to host - Request timeout for icmp_seq". Steam also reconnects at those moments. It looks like it can't handle all the packets it receives and sends and just drops the connection for 1 second sometimes.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. In case there is a driver related problem you should post kernel logs showing the issue. At first glance, this could also be related to Energy Efficient Ethernet as it might sometimes causes the link to be dropped when there is no activity.

Mieze 

labradoedel

labradoedel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry, but that's nonsense. In case there is a driver related problem you should post kernel logs showing the issue. At first glance, this could also be related to Energy Efficient Ethernet as it might sometimes causes the link to be dropped when there is no activity.

Mieze 

Yeah, I think that's right. During the last 2 hours i tried some manual settings:

Speed: 1000baseT

Duplex: Full Duplex

MTU: 1400

Since the Energy Efficient Ethernet is off in those settings, it's probably that one. Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy