Kernel Panic

25 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i have got a problem booting OSX Mavericks. Everytime I boot I get the error you can see in the picture. I am not sure which bootflags i could use to fix it. I have got an Asus N53 SN Motherboard and i use Clover as my Bootloader. Have I to flash my BIOS?

I hope you can help me and if u want to have other informations just ask.

Erik-Eberhardt

post-1383055-0-21351500-1407161206_thumb.jpg

post-1383055-0-05481700-1407161225_thumb.jpg

Hello!

Could be a config problem with your Clover config.plist. Correct SMBios configured? Boot up to Clover bootscreen and look in options - SMBios - which platform clover is recognizing for your hardware. Then generate your fake SMBios for this platform. AsusPMpatch activated in Clover? Are you injecting your system specs with Clover? You can also try to add nullcpupm.kext in clover kext folder to inject it with the other necessary kexts at boottime.

Have fun.

Hello,

I watched pretty close to Clover config.plist and everything seems to be ok. I've now built another SMBios with the recognized Software of Clover. AsusPMpatch is activated also and the kexts are booting with Clover. The Error stays the same... I'm not sure about what it is. I think if it won't work in a few days I'll be formating my HDD and try to install OSX on a empty HDD. Thanks for your help and do you have any other ideas for me to fix it? Maybe another Bootloader (but I think Clover is the best one because you can set everything along your own wishes)

Thank you all,

Erik-Eberhardt

Bios settings: Sata in AHCI mode

In Clover boot options delete or change from "true" to "false" all string in DSDT-ACPI section.

Delete string "PCIRootUID=1", not necessary for your system and retry.

Good Hack

• 4 months later...

hello guys :)

thank you all for the help^^

after a long pause i tried again to install osx. this time i tried it with osx yosemite on a bootable usb stick wich was created with diskmakerx. everything worked very good until i wanted to boot with it. i started booting in verbose and safe mode and got this error which was nearly the same error as at the beginning. if anyone has an idea, that would be great. BTW i used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] as Bootloader.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/raht6hws2lt1t4x/Foto.JPG?dl=0

hello,

i tried this with these boot flags (see the picture) and also only in verbose mode but both times i got this error. what could this be? in bios the controller is set to ahci and intel virtualization technology is disabled. By the way when i inserted my usb with osx yosemite to my pc clover said can not read (something..i cant remember). but anyway i was able to start from the usb.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3603vi5tbz7pe1m/AAAExtwD_sdWnB0uu_HSl9bva?dl=0

thanks for your help

The first kernel panics you're experiencing are CPU Power Management related.

Your laptop must run Mavericks flawlessly :)

Use the default Clover config.plist settings set by the installation! and install Mavericks. Clover automatically will chose SMBIOS profile based on your hardware. Then play with the Clover settings.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

i just installed clover on a usb drive and i booted from it. in clover menu i disabled nvidia and enabled intel graphics card and inserted another mavericks usb drive. same error... then i inserted snow leopard. same error... then i inserted mountain lion. same error... waht can i do... i booted in verbose mode and another bootflag "debug=0x100" which showed me a longer error text. any ideas how to fix this problem? i think its about my laptop and not about the apple software.

here the link to some pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d952yf9ydfzvl2l/AABLUVmI7H3qzTLwWVFQttIRa?dl=0

thank you all for the help :)

btw: i was succesfull in installing os x mavericks on a virtual machine on my laptop. works perfectly but if i insert a usb drive on which is a os x installation i get also an error and the system shows this black screen with the normal baclground and the machine freezes... any idea why this happens? :)

hello all,

i was succesfull on installing os x 10.8 (Mountain Lion :)).

i installed all kexts and so on. everything works beside internet.

i installed several ethernet kexts but it wont work.

my ethernet card is RTL8168E/8111E (says DCPI Manager)

i dont have any ideas anymore...do you have an propositions?

thank you :)

thank you but i have tried this earlier and it didnt work...

is there any possibility i can see if the kext is loaded by the system?

furhter it doesnt show me any network in systemsettings.

what can i do now?

Check in ioreg. Check system.log.

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys :)

im running os x mavericks now *-* :D

thank you all for the help! nearly everything works but there are some things i want to ask anyway:

1) this is pretty improtant: i´ve installed my intel HD3000 Graphics kext and it worked perfect. But everytime i connect an externel monitor (VGA) to my laptop, the hackintosh boots and shows me the desktop but without items and mouse. i cant do anything. the bar at the top is white. before i ve installed the kext it was no problem to plug in an external monitor. What can i do?

2) this is not that important :) are there any possibilitys to install wireless lan for my hackinthosh? ethernet works!

3) this is not important too :) i set up dual boot. windows and os x on 2 partitions. this works too but is there any way i can edit the partition of windows when im running os x? i can see the partition and i can open it and brows through the files but i cant create a new folder or something.

Thank you for your help!

You are great :)

Ok.

I have an Asus N53SN Laptop with Intel HD3000 Graphics and nVidida GeForce GT550M. I have 6GB RAM installed and an intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge. My resolution is 1920 x 1080.

When i plug in an external monitor (in HDMI), which has this resolution too, there are no errors. But when I plug in an external Monitor with resolution 1680x1050 to VGA, Mavericks won't boot correct.

I used a Mavericks build, which i Installed about Clover Bootloader. Now I'm running Chimera.