Help fixing compile errors. Gateway NV55C

netw3rkd

19 posts in this topic

So i've installed 10.8.5 on my laptop.   Almost everything works with the use of kexts. 

However, sleep, brightness and god knows what else doesn't work.

It's my understanding that if I get my DSDT properly patched that I could get everything working.

I'm having a heck of a time doing this and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've already got MaciASL and have been attempting to correct errors & warnings that are in the DSDT I extracted using linux.

Attached is my modified DSDT.

What information do you need from me to point me farther?    Better yet, would anyone be willing to correct my DSDT for me?   Thank you.

-Bryan

System DSDT.zip

Hello!

I have removed the errors. DSDT editor has shown the error code: Not hex values must be in upper letters. Corrected all three errors are gone. Remarks (wrong package lenght in initializer correctet) removed, but they dont matter the same way as warnings. Attached DSDT.dsl is also compiling with MacIasl. It is not worth the troubles to remove warnings as even Rehabman tells.

Have fun.

DSDT.dsl.zip

Hello!

You have written in your post, that you have attached a modified DSDT file. I don´t know, what you have edited and what you have already patched. The biggest mistake in this DSDT has been the diggits "pnp0c14". None hex values have to be defined with upper letters in this way "PNP0C14". I have this corrected and this error and the other 2, depending on this one, have gone. Wrong initalizer sizes of packages and buffers can be easy corrected by removing the values from the braces and let them emty (). The values are correct set by compiler.

Look at Rehabman´s Github for laptop patches. Try to activate a patch and you get a preview of it. It is a bit of trial and error if these patches, when you can apply them, have good effects on the behavior of your device.

I have only corrected the errors and the wrong package initializer sizes and applied no further patches. You can try to use it to see, if your edits have the wished effects.

Have fun.

I applied your edits and the machine boots.  So that's a good sign.   When I switched my preferences to the ACPI v5.0 and then compiled It threw a bunch more errors.      Would it be best for me to grab a non-edited version of my dsdt and upload that?   I found rehabman's git and did try some of the patches, hard telling if it made a difference.    Thanks for your help with this.

So before I made this thread, I had already gotten a copy of my acpi tables using linux.    Then according to a page I found on editing my dsdt, it said to change MaciASL's preferences to ACPI v5, and after doing so, I get even more errors which really I have no clue on how to fix.

Attached is my unedited dsdt from linux.    Thank you.

dsdt.zip

So before I made this thread, I had already gotten a copy of my acpi tables using linux.    Then according to a page I found on editing my dsdt, it said to change MaciASL's preferences to ACPI v5, and after doing so, I get even more errors which really I have no clue on how to fix.

ACPI5 is not required unless your AML files use ACPI5 features. Most do not, so ACPI4 is adequate. Save yourself the trouble and use ACPI4.

Screen brightness, and sleep.    I have to use the null cpu power kext to run properly right now.   Running 10.8.5, it's the only one I could get to work for the most part.    I did try some patches from your repo, the fn keys one specifically and that didn't solve anything.   

Screen brightness, and sleep.    I have to use the null cpu power kext to run properly right now.   Running 10.8.5, it's the only one I could get to work for the most part.    I did try some patches from your repo, the fn keys one specifically and that didn't solve anything.

Power management not generally related to DSDT. Sleep will not work with NullCPU. Guides for implementing native power management are plentiful.

I don't have an "fn keys" patch in my repo...

Screen brightness depends on your (unspecified) hardware. Put details in your signature for better answers.

Sorry, that's right you don't, my bad.  Too much on my mind.     I know the sleep won't work with NullCPU, therefore trying to patch the DSDT, i've tried some patched cpu power management kext I found on tonymac, that didn't work either.   

My CPU is Intel® Core i3 CPU       M 370  @ 2.40GHz

Nehalem architecture.   

Graphics are the built-in intelHD, did get that working with this guide, even with QE/CI.     Maybe i'm reading all the wrong things and possibly misunderstanding stuff, it does happen.   I appreciate your patience and help.

--edit:

I've done some more reading, and so far haven't found much to really help get power-management working.   

Found this:  1. !st Generation Core i processors Nehalem/Westmere (i.e., Core i7-875K)

1a. use native ssdt
1b. SysDefs: imac11,x, macbookpro6,x, macpro5,1 (2) 

which is on some other site who's name I won't say here due to the forum rules I saw a bit ago.

So I did attempt to create an SSDT and will re do it now.

Hello!

Have you trried SMBios of MBP 6,x, and set generate c- and p-states (dropssdt=no is default value and need not to be set) in org.chameleon,boot.plist to yes. patch AICPM with correct script and remove nullcpm.kext from system, rebooting with flags -f -v ? Perhaps your bios ssdt files are correct enough to get pm working. In any case you have to edit your own ssdt files, if they are not working oob. Using ssdt files from an other device is not the best idea.

A better idea is to create a faked, not existing, MBP 6,3 based on the platforms of the existing ones to be able to remove disturbing properties of the platforms. You can take a look at the original posts of Masterchief here: http://www.insanelym...e-pr/?p=1287021 http://www.insanelym...e-pr/?p=1289092 I know for sure, a bit old school, but working also for your device, with correct definitions.

Have fun.

This is my smbios between the <dict> </dict>:

<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F22589C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02D2CEEDC79</string>

I have an SSDT made from the DSDT you helped with, should I post that too?  I looked up my cpu on intel's site and got that right AFAIK.
generate C states and P states are enabled, and dropssdt is disabled right now.  I'm not sure which AICPM to go with, i've tried so many, I'll research patching my own if that's possible.

--Edit:
 Found a patcher here, ran it after making a backup, and it did not find a wrmsr to patch.   The one error I do know I get when I disable the NullCpu kext is a kernel panic about HPET, my bios doesn't support enabling or disabling it.    Even with my SSDT I created it still panic's.      I'll keep doing some searching, someone must've found a way. :)

Hello!

Try this patch for cpm: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/132-aicpmpatch/ and apply the hpet patch from Rehabman repo (7...) to your dsdt file.

Have fun.

I had tried that same patch yesterday evening with no such luck.   I had already added Rehabman's hpet patch to my DSDT.    I'm starting to think it's a lost cause really.      I work in a computer repair shop, we have an HP Probook 6440b here that I'm looking into getting, might be easier to get os X running more "right" on that.   

I had tried that same patch yesterday evening with no such luck.   I had already added Rehabman's hpet patch to my DSDT.    I'm starting to think it's a lost cause really.      I work in a computer repair shop, we have an HP Probook 6440b here that I'm looking into getting, might be easier to get os X running more "right" on that.

If you're getting an HPET related panic, make sure you didn't delete AppleHPET.kext...