Suggested stable install?

slayerx01

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

New to the forums here so I hope i posted in the right place..

I have the following build: 

i7-920 oc 3.8ghz

P6TD deluxe v1 

evga 760 2gb

I think this is what really matters the most.. so let me know if i'm missing anything...

Please suggest a stable install for me! I'm very excited to try this out..

I will be installing it on a seperate 80gb ssd intel x-25m.. and will be running windows 8.1 on a separate drive, will i need a special application to dual boot? 

Thanks! 

Hello

Welcome :)

I gave to you a method to install OSX… it’s a great method ;)

If you gonna install OSX in one SSD and Windows in one HDD, it will be very easy to make installation… isn’t necessary any app in this case…

Are you asking for a stable install method (software) or system (hardware)?

For hardware, tons of guides out there on selecting compatible parts. 

For software, my results have been all over the place and it seems that some methods work better than other methods. I suggest sticking with retail installs and avoiding any of the distro installs. I've had good luck with both myHack and Clover installs on different machines recently. Just make sure you take your time and realize that every detail matters when selecting options. Some of the details will flat our stop an install and others could potentially cause damage. 

"measure twice, cut once"

Thanks for the help! 

I have a question.. so the HCL guide for 10.9.0 has support for my motherboard and graphics card so is it safe to say i can use anything above 10.9.0? Like 10.9.4 without any issues? It seems logical that each version of maverick only offer more support than less..