Fusion, This seems to confirm something I said back then, and was promptly dismissed as FUD, that the authentication protocol changes were a little jab at people accessing their servers from ilegimate hardware, that is, at us. Back then, the optimistic rebuttal was it was a simply change for a safer authentication protocol, conveniently forgetting that the steps taken to supposedly make it safer were not the kind of what would make an individual's Apple ID harder to crack (like stricter ID checks, passwords etc) but of what would make harder for an individual's use his/her legitimate Apple ID (previously created on an iDevice or even a Mac) to enjoy their iCloud services without buying a Mac. Indeed, a change for a safer protocol: safer for their servers, from us. QED.
If it was not enough, they just got the way the check was being circumvented and circunvented the circumvention, lol. I wouldn't doubt a black market of real Mac MLBs, ROMs and serials end up developing itself if this stricter check isn't, forgive me the lousy pun, put in check. Is not like Apple is cracking down on OSX86 - they're definitely not! - but be sure they don't want it to become easy enough to make a real Mac an eccentricity of high-income geeks. They will do the best they can short of a TPM. Remember, AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext is on OS X now.
P.S.: as for Clover configuration, I don't use it because Clover developers recommend not to.
If only he'd used what was provided as an installer package a topic like this would be needed. The serials are gashed because the placeholder plist I use is being populated with valid data only at postinstall. The MLB can be 17 characters since it's the same thing as board serial, but serial number for older Macs was 12 characters, newer use new structure and it's indeed 13. Injecting system Id is not a problem either. It works like this on all of my machines. And I have zero issues with FaceTime/Messages on this very same netbook running Yosemite DP5...
Walker, I made this topic after a DP update broke messages for me (not only on the 1201N) even though I have previously followed your procedure ipsis literis. Don't take offense, I'm not saying your guide is flawed or incomplete (otherwise I wouldn't cheer about it in all related topics), rather not infallible (like any thing under the sun, if you allow me petty philosophy). Since I used your support package, I haven't touched my EFI folder, until I lost the services. I could waste my time and your patience trying to find out why did it happen, but decided to solve it in a way it won't happen again, which seems to be the promise of this solution Fusion gave me, and try and understand Clover, instead of being spoonfed a pre-made fix. It's a win-win. No offense, I repeat: I do admire your work.