Assisitance installing OSX SL on Intel P4 Asus P5AD2-E Pre

JohnFM3

1 post in this topic

I am not sure what information is needed, I am having a problem on the first boot after install of Snow Leopard.

I have a Asus P5ADE2-E Prem system with a 64bit 3.4Ghz Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU, Intel 925XE chipset, an 4GB of Dual-Channel DDR2 533 RAM.

Following the instructions posted in this thread assiting with installing Snow Leopard on any PC with Dual Boot, I am able to use the suggested ModCD image to load the SL instller an instatll OSX to the HD.  Upon reboot with no assistance from the ModCD, I get the following error...

boot0: test

boot0: error

If I boot from the ModCD image, an select the HD partition where I installed OSX, I see a bunch of text appear with "Press any key to contine".  In that text, I do see a line saying "No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value".  There is something similiar fo rACPI table.  When I press a key to continue, I see a bunch of text scroll the screen, then get to the end where I see severel repeating lines of the following error....

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x34518718 : 0x21b3a4 (0x58c612 0x2 0x34518768 0x223a12) warning: invalid kernel ip, won't attempt to handle trap

Debugger called: <double panic>

What I find interesting is that the installer loaded an completely installed the OS with no issues.  Leading me to believe the OS can be installed on this system.

Any suggestions or help would be welcomed.

John

Clarification:  I am able to complete the first portion of the OS install where the contents are copied to the HD, upon reboot it fails to load to the completion where accounts are created an first boot.