AirDrop/Continuity/Hands Off Fix How-to

77 posts in this topic

Don't you read #1?

Yes i did, but you did not mentioned Atheros 9287 how to manage it with clover. You only mentioned BCM.

where i should insert the id for Atheros 9287 and what id is it, i am using tolledARPT.kext to hack the system(did not put in Atheros40 kext.

Thank you for your time 

Are you sure that Handoff requirements are the same as Mac to iOS AirDrop? Because I can successfully send files back and forth to my iPhone with AirDrop, but I can't get handoff to work.

The option doesn't appear in settings, and System info says "Handoff Supported: No"

I have a Z97-DELUXE with a BCM4352, and kextstat | grep AirPort returns    50    0 0xffffff7f81b02000 0x5d7000   0x5d7000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 (900.19.8) <49 48 43 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Can there be something to do with the vendor ID? Because mine is 0B05 (Asus)

I have Broadcom BCM94322MC but my mac don't see iphone. How do you fake ID using Clover? Clueless here. Please help.

Are you sure that Handoff requirements are the same as Mac to iOS AirDrop? Because I can successfully send files back and forth to my iPhone with AirDrop, but I can't get handoff to work.

The option doesn't appear in settings, and System info says "Handoff Supported: No"

I have a Z97-DELUXE with a BCM4352, and kextstat | grep AirPort returns    50    0 0xffffff7f81b02000 0x5d7000   0x5d7000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 (900.19.8) <49 48 43 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Can there be something to do with the vendor ID? Because mine is 0B05 (Asus)

Read through all the replies, then you will know Handoff stopped working after dp7.

Interesting, after updating to the official version of Yosemite handoff doesn't work anymore.

Before it was working. I have Apple iMac ac native card with Bluetooth LE.

System information is showing everything supported and I can see my iPhone and iPad advertising messages in console.

I can also see the hack in both iPhone and iPad, but the hack doesn't have the pop up icon of either. 

I found 4332 device id:

<key>Broadcom 802.11 PCI</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4331</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AirPort_Brcm4331</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4331</string>

<string>pci14e4,4353</string>

<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

which one do I remove?

I was able to load 4360 by adding device ID from 4331 to 4360 and shows screen with allow me to be discovered by : Everyone yet I don't see my iphone. What are those 3 other kexts that needs to be injected by wifiinjector?

Interesting, after updating to the official version of Yosemite handoff doesn't work anymore.

Before it was working. I have Apple iMac ac native card with Bluetooth LE.

System information is showing everything supported and I can see my iPhone and iPad advertising messages in console.

I can also see the hack in both iPhone and iPad, but the hack doesn't have the pop up icon of either. 

Now it works, I didn't do anything. For the people that are trying to make it work:

Look in console, if handoff is advertised than it should be working. I believe the GUI doesn't work as it should and sometimes just doesn't show the icon.

Also make sure you restart the devices and the hack before checking.

Even when it works for me it's not reliable (sometimes shown sometimes not) and having bluetooth on all the time is draining the batteries of my devices a lot quicker (iPhone 5S and iPad Air).

Is it likely that cards like the WD4800 (which I think uses an Atheros chip) will be supported in the future, by some hack/kext/ID spoof? Or is it unlikely that it will ever work? I am trying to decide whether to buy a Broadcom card or whether to wait it out...

Any comments/predictions welcome as I don't really understand what makes these things possible/impossible

Is it likely that cards like the WD4800 (which I think uses an Atheros chip) will be supported in the future, by some hack/kext/ID spoof? Or is it unlikely that it will ever work? I am trying to decide whether to buy a Broadcom card or whether to wait it out...

Any comments/predictions welcome as I don't really understand what makes these things possible/impossible

As far as I know, only certain Broadcom card will work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys, I guess I shouldn't wait for a hack to enable Continuity on Atheros cards then if it's going to be Broadcom only. Has anyone here bought a card like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191202515767?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and combined it with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321543939767?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

to make a wifi/BT solution?

If so, can anyone confirm that it works with Yosemite's Continuity features. Or if anyone has bought this ready-made version also:

http://www.mallaid.com/index.php/taobao/view/id/36337693711

I have seen a few people saying that they are buying or have bought the parts, but no-one seems to have explicitly confirmed anywhere that they are working with iOS-mac airdrop, handoff, instant hotspot etc...

If anyone is using that setup successfully please say so!

Thanks

I have seen a few people saying that they are buying or have bought the parts, but no-one seems to have explicitly confirmed anywhere that they are working with iOS-mac airdrop, handoff, instant hotspot etc...

Thanks

I am interested in such a solution as well.

It looks like the adapter cards in both links do not have 3,3v voltage regulation circuit for bluetooth power supply during sleep.

It is needed to get power from the internal mainboard USB port which supplies 5v.

This one has the regulator IC and uses 4 wire connection to USB port:

苹果 802.11AC BCM94360CD 无线网卡 蓝牙4.0 黑苹果免驱 handoff

May be I am completely wrong, what are the experiences of the community?

I solved it, by ordering this together with this, pretty sure that will work :)

So, how did it go?

Thanks for the responses guys, I guess I shouldn't wait for a hack to enable Continuity on Atheros cards then if it's going to be Broadcom only. Has anyone here bought a card like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191202515767?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and combined it with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321543939767?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

to make a wifi/BT solution?

If so, can anyone confirm that it works with Yosemite's Continuity features. Or if anyone has bought this ready-made version also:

http://www.mallaid.com/index.php/taobao/view/id/36337693711

Thanks

edit: I bought exact those two items and its working good.

So i received these two items today, put them together and in my hackintosh, works flawless. and out of the box..

only thing i found out, it needs to be put in the PCI x1 lane, i put the cards in the pci x8 lane first and only BT was working.

so i had to move my gfxcard to the pci x8 lane to free up the pci x1 lane that was blocked by the gfxcard otehrwise. not sure if that will cause issues, but for now it works :)

handof works, will check continuity and the rest tomorrow, but im guessing it will all be fine.

I am interested in such a solution as well.

It looks like the adapter cards in both links do not have 3,3v voltage regulation circuit for bluetooth power supply during sleep.

It is needed to get power from the internal mainboard USB port which supplies 5v.

This one has the regulator IC and uses 4 wire connection to USB port:

苹果 802.11AC BCM94360CD 无线网卡 蓝牙4.0 黑苹果免驱 handoff

May be I am completely wrong, what are the experiences of the community?

The one i am using can wake from sleep with BT, it uses only a 2 wire usb connection

• 2 weeks later...

I have Dell Wireless 1510 Half Mini Card for my Laptop ( I bought it on eBay and replace it in my HP Envy 15). It is BCM4322 in DPCIM, wifi works out of the box, but Bluetooth is not, so can anyone please help me to make bluetooth work in order to patch handoff? Thank you in advance