HANDS OFF/CONTINUITY/AIRDROP FIX HOW-TO
For anyone using Yosemite and iOS 8, here's the summary of how to make those new features work. I tested it on some system, please report if it's not working for you.
Continuity: Enable you to receive/answer cellular call and SMS from Yosemite. Requirements:
- Internet access in same local network with iOS 8 iPhone.
- Working iMessage/FaceTime
- Enable "iPhone Cellular Calls" in FaceTime preferences.
AirDrop Mac-to-Mac: Send files between Mac systems.
- Working PCI Wifi card, not USB.
AirDrop Mac-to-iOS: Send files between Yosemite system and iOS 8 devices. You can check by going to AirDrop in Finder, if you have option AirDrop:Off/Everyone, you're ok. If you only see Airdrop with older Macs, you're not supported.
- BT 3.0+, I don't have BT 2.0 to test.
- Loaded Brcm4360.kext for PCI BROADCOM Wifi card, like BCM4322/43224/43225/4352. You can check the loading kext by running this:
kextstat | grep AirPort
If you're using BCM4322, you have to remove its device id in AirPortBrcm4331.kext and add it in AirPortBrcm4360.kext. The remaining 3 kexts can be injected by WifiInjector.kext.
Or you can use Clover's FakeID/DSDT to fake your Broadcom card to one of id in AirPortBrcm4360.kext.
Hands Off: Some cool functions like sharing the current Safari page, Maps location on iOS 8 to Yosemite. You can check if it's available or not by looking for Hands off toggle in System Preferences > General.
Requirements: same as AirDrop Mac-to-IOS