Snow Leopard No display after installation.

gpu osx86 x3100 intel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Alerxx

Alerxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi there, 

I am new to the forums, but am extremely keen to get into running OSX on my pc. I have managed to follow enough instructions to get the OS installed but I must now face defeat as I come to you for help.

I am trying/have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my Dell Inspiron 1520 albeit with difficulty. 

Specs:

Intel Core2Duo T6600 2.2GHz 800mhz FSB

4GB DDR2 667Mhz dual channel

Intel GMA x3100

80GB HDD set to AHCI (i have no spare :( since this is a spare computer I use to trial Linux or stuff)

Now my problem is, I get a black screen on install, I believe it to be my graphics card. This happens after the first initial boot, I am unable to install kexts or even run the first time setup but I know it is running because I can hear the pop of the volume as i press the Up/Down Buttons.

I tried installing different versions of OSX (Lion and some from my sisters cd's with the mac which I cannot touch not in 1000000 years)

But i get a kernel panic about AHCI.

The only version that actually works is IATKOS Snow Leopard. But this is what I get the black screen on. Uhmm oh yes,

one time I heard "staying alive" playing with a black screen. and after 10-30 minutes of leaving the computer idle i pressed the power button thinking it had frozen but then the display started working, and I was able to get into the desktop. Silly me decided to shut down the computer. Since then, after ever install, I have had a black screen.

Uhmm oh a few times I decided to hook up to my external monitor but on boot the apple logo froze. and the spinning wheel doesnt move. if i try switch back to the laptop screen, the screen bleeds from grey to white. 

Oh nearly forgot. I cannot install DSDT for my laptop unless theres a way to do it from i boot or before getting into the desktop which i cannot do. umm ah I have tried -x -v DSDT=No GraphicsEnabler both on and off and acpi=no? or 0 whichever one. 

I am really keen to get it running, Also I use chameleon bootloader but i dont install it to hard drive, when it says select disk i select disk0s2 but it says it cant find the disk. 

I guess the main thing id like to know is, can i install my dsdt from i boot or before the OS can initialize? I have a 1520 dsdt waiting.

Thanks to all! I am willing to provide any information if needed.

Allaп

Allaп

InsanelyMaestro

• Moderators
  • 4,351 posts

Hi, and Welcome.

In your hardware, OS X ML works fine, and GPU too, read here: http://www.insanelym...00-etc-systems/

I gave to you a method via PM.

Alerxx

Alerxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi!

Thank you for your reply! I managed to install snow leopard after finally working the chameleon bootloader from the install wizzard on my 60gb external usb HDD.

everything bar a few is working, I noticed my intel 3945 wireless card will not work with hackintosh and my ethernet/ optical drive/ camera doesnt either.

my display driver also doesnt exist, Im running at 1024x768 when my screens native is 1280x800

Would upgrading to Mountain Lion bring added drivers?

Using ##### broke my install previously and doesnt contain intel gpu drivers... So if mountain lion would fix a few missing things like dvd drive and gpu be better then I shall gladly install that.

Also I used transmac to install the .dmg seemed to work fine. 

im keen to see how i get this baby working, i realize ill probably need a new wireless card :/ which i cannot afford.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gpu, osx86, x3100, intel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy