Mavericks and i aren't the best friends at the moment. Freeze on creating account

freeze amdfx stuck kernel gtx 670 gigabyte 970a 970a-UD3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

andhar90

andhar90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So the topic says it all.
When i try to create a user after installation after 30-50 seconds everything freezes and i have to reboot my computer. 

My hardware:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970a-UD3 (am3+ socket)
Cpu: AmdFX 8350
GPU: Geforce Gtx 670 (MSI)

I had it running yesterday but something terrible happened after an appstore update (think Xcode was the thing updated.) After that the system just restarted after every boot. Could not get in the boot loader or anything so i wiped the disc and re installed and now i'm stuck.
I've been tortured with this since this morning and now i'm starting to get tired of failing. 
Would greatly appreciate any help!
please take in consideration that i'm new to this so please explain in detail, after seeing some threads on other forums with the same problem but no fix this thread could be their aid in the future. 

The boot flags I've tried so far without any further success is: 

KernelCache=/amdfx GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -x 

KernelCache=/amdfx GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -x npci=0x3000

KernelCache=/amd GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -x npci=0x3000

-x GraphicsEnabler=No 

-x

npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: freeze, amdfx, stuck, kernel, gtx 670, gigabyte 970a, 970a-UD3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy