• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

defar

defar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

So I have to remember "DON'T TRUST SELLERS"...
In Windows devices manager I can see it as Ralink

Is there a way to use this card or is it better to sell it back and buy Asus N10?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

You're off-topic...

defar

defar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Well, sorry for this

Finally i installed the card, but there's another problem. When I connect to network, it disconnects after 5 seconds. I tried with my router, mobile phone access point and TV wi-fi direct network. Is this driver fault or broken device? 

What I've done:

1. Installing kext

2. Installing Wireless Utility (now i opens and shows list of networks, but loses connection after 5 seconds).

m4v3r1ck

m4v3r1ck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Just to let you know I managed to add WIFI to my Mac Pro 3.1 with a HUMAX USB WLAN DONGLE - used to service my HUMAX Set-top Box - based on the Ralink RT5370! :yes: 

So a BIG thank you to the OP @rodrigocunha for this excellent tutorial and all others for asking the same questions I had, they were of course all answered reading thru this thread.

Thanks m8s!  :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RALINK, MEDIATEK, USB, RT2870, RT2770, RT5370, Mavericks, Yosemite

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy