• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

imorton

imorton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Got it working, I'll share details if anyone need it.

YES, if you would be kind and share ALL the details as many of us here can't get it working.

Thanks, IAN. :)

MNSiw

MNSiw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

YES, if you would be kind and share ALL the details as many of us here can't get it working.

Thanks, IAN. :)

Sure :-) I have TP-Link TL-WN727N v1, here are my steps to automate Wi-Fi connectivity

1. Files I used:2. Installed BearExtender-5.4
3. Installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext (I use Kext Utility to install kexts) extracted from RTUSB_D2870-4.2.9.2_UI-4.0.9.6_2013_11_29.dmg
3. Copied RalinkAirport.app & Exhaust.app to \Applications
4. Rebooted
5. Added my preferred SSID to WirelessUtility.app and activated it
6. Removed WirelessUtility from Settings>Users & Groups>Login Items and added RalinkAirport.app
7. Added WirelessUtility.app to Exhaust and set it to 'Quit after 15 seconds'

Thats it!

qrnq6u.png

k50uu.png

2rz2tll.png

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Very well !

It works for my cheap WIFI USB pen based on RT2870 chipset.

DWA-140 Prefpanel works !

Here is the DWA-140 miniTask bar App with signal icon changed for a better Look ....

Remember :

Prefpane --> /System/Library/PreferencePanes/

DWA-140 App --> /Applications

Attached File  MiniTaskUSB-DWA140.zip   110.63KB   57 downloads

See Ya

Dmitrii79

Dmitrii79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys,

I'm a novice here, I've found this forum, looking a solution for starting a WiFi dongle.

What I have:

- a chinese WiFi dongle from Ebay, its visible in the system  as "802.11n WLAN PID=0x5370, VID=0x148f".

- OSX 10.11.5 El Capitan.

- mac mini (it has a poor WiFi, and I want to use external one)

What I did:

- first I tried to download drivers from http://www.mediatek....ads1/downloads/but it looks like, there are only for old OS. Result: WiFi not working. 

- tried to install BearExtender-Turbo-b6 and BearExtender-5.4. Result: the same

- installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext using kext install utility. Result: the same. I checked this kext, is has proper IDs inside.

- I've found that the latest OSX cannot start unsigned kexts, than I've found a SIPUtility 1.0.1 and tried to activate the CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXT flag. Result: I getting a error, it looks like this operation is not permitted on last OSX.

So, the question is, is there a way to start RT5370 dongle on 10.11.5?

I know, is was working nice on older OS versions, but it looks like, there are some problems with the latest.

Thanks.

jcc481

jcc481

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I rarely comment on forums, but this one has been so useful that I want to help out anyone else with my external Wifi dongle- the Belkin F6D4050 v2 (product id=0x935b, vendor id=0x050d). I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1.

1. Get your pid and vid from system information, and make sure it is the same

2. Download the modified "RT2870USBWirelessDrivers" from this post and drag the contents of the "Mavericks" folder to desktop (still works with Yosemite)

3. Right click and click "show package contents"

4. Open contents/macos/info.plist

5. Search for "belkin"

6. Where it says "Belkin - F5D 8053", modify the id product and idvendor integers to match those stated above

7. Save and kext wizard it/whatever kext tool you use

8. Download Bearextender from here (don't bother with preference panes, it doesn't work)

9. Plug in your belkin after boot and voila!

This post has been most useful; amazingly it still works 7 years later with an updated driver file. Hopefully you can use the cheap dongle bundled with your even cheaper Belkin router with OS X and avoid buying a new wifi card.

ombra88

ombra88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hi to all, i installed mac os sierra some time ago and apart that i have a big problem with the r9 290x, i can't make my dlink dwa 140 rev d2 work with it, so the fact is that i'm little desperate cuze i need internet on sierra, if someone could help it would be really helpful!!! Thanks for the attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Tried this? Otherwise, what are the PCI ids?

ombra88

ombra88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Tried this? Otherwise, what are the PCI ids?

ehm i'm noob at it so how can i get the pci ids?
And no i didn't, i will try it on sierra, let's see if this will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Amazing isn't? That most people don't even think to refer to the product manufacturer's web site for drivers!

PCI ids would be listed in theSysProfiler USB section where I'd expect your USB dongle to be listed. Failing that, DCPIManager should do. Otherwise, if it's installed (but I guess it's not), you may use the lspci line command tool.

The PCI id will allow to identify the wireless chip fitted to your dongle. In turns, this will allow to look for the appropriate kext/wireless utility or declare lack of support.

This methodology applies to all hardware components of a targetted Hackintosh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RALINK, MEDIATEK, USB, RT2870, RT2770, RT5370, Mavericks, Yosemite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy