[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

Here Installer for macOS High Sierra user with Clover UEFI or ESP ➤ WIFI Network macOS High Sierra

Working perfect in my Archer T2UH

Works in HFS+J Volumes or APFS Volumes

Follow all steps in the Packages, SIP need to be disable and also Gtaekkeper for using that.

Support Driver: 

RT2870,RT2770,RT3070,RT3170,RT3072,RT3370,RT3572,RT3573,

RT5370,RT5372,RT5572,MT7610,MT7612,MT7650,MT7662,MT8070,RT9707

connec10.png

• Like 6

Thank you very very much. Once you restart if selected in login items it starts automatically.

Yea I know but I prefer have the choice to Strat the Wifi  :P

that's why I created the little Wifi luncher because it does not start like in the other versions  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have tested several drivers posted here, with no success...

I want to use with OSX 10.13 a Wireless USB Adapter from Shenzhen Ogemray, GWF-PA04C RaUI IEEE 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps 2.4GHz ref. 10010034.

It used to work on OSX 10.9 with RaLink drivers, but not anymore. I have just sent an e-mail to Shenzhen. Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you in advance.

nip

It's ok now: I could read my USB device information. So it's a Ralink T3070.

Identifiant du produit : 0x3070
  Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x148f
  Version : 1.01
  Numéro de série : 1.0
  Vitesse : Jusqu’à 480 Mb/s
  Fabricant : Ralink
  Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0x14200000 / 2
  Courant disponible (mA) : 500
  Exploitation supplémentaire actuelle (mA) : 0

1 - the 10.9 driver seems not effective anymore, and it is not my device...

2 - I am not comfortable with Clover: I understand it as a bootloader and I do not need one. Does a light install/feature exist ? or else the driver seem not to be installed.

Thank you for this complete answer and... lesson ! I have to say it is more like a holiday hobby for me... I tried these posts, hopefully Pacifist was the software I needed.

So I extraced the v5.1.0.28 and placed it into /System/Library/Extensions, installed BearExtender1200Sierra Alfa Wireless Utility, restarted. But the device connected does not open the window of the wireless utility.

I will give a last chance with "WIFI Network macOS High Sierra", but I have to leave this device tomorrow, hopefully on a success note.

BTW, what is OOB ?

Edit: for "WIFI Network macOS High Sierra", I also manually placed the framework - the startup item was correctly placed. But still no window opened by the wireless utility app, only the icon on the upper bar. The same for every solution: maybe none is High Sierra compatible yet ?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Here I am again.

Now RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext appears not to be loaded in SystemInfo.

This is what I can tell :

• after executing kextcache, I got : "requesting launchd reboot"
  • RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext does not have @ after permission drwxr-xr-x like the other ones
  • /Library/Frameworks/RaWLAPI.framework does not have @ after permission drwxr-xr-x like the other ones (except PluginManager.framework and aliases)
I can test any new idea again (before Easter) until Jan. 3rd. Thanks! and Merry Christmas to all!

I just installed Maverick RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext on Hackintosh OS X 10.11.6 (15G18013), and it works very good.

Today, I tested it on Macintosh macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88), it works again.

tips:

1. Install it with Kext Utility.app

2. Try "sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1" if not work

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Post Edit ***  Update Package

New Package ➥ TP-LINK WIFI Network macOS

For Real Mac or Hackintosh PC Laptop

Works from Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 to MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Support Drivers:

RT3572,RT3072,RT3070,RT3573,MT7610,MT7610,MT7610,RT5370,

RT2870,RT3071,RT2770,RT3573,RT5572,RT3573,RT3573,RT5572,RT3572

NOTE: But I'm sure he can support a lot more,

it is up to you to try if you  have a Drivers of the range RT or MT even if it is not listed in this list

Important : Remove any Other USB Wifi Utility in your Applications before using this Programme! remove also RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext in Clover if you have it one.

Follow every steps in Readme

Enjoy  B)

Edit ****

One of my many test setup here in Mavericks 10.9.5 

img_1312.jpg

I tested Successfully 10.6 / 10.7 /10.8 /10.9 /10.10 /10.12 /10.13  :moil:
Test in macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

sans_110.png
:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 5

Thanks Chriss !

Works marvellous on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and my USB DLink DWA-120 rev.b1 (RT2870)

Thanks to you for sharing success  :D

I forgot to ad RT2870 in the working list  I will Update the readme 

• Like 1

is there a way to get the Asus usb-ac51 to work? 

I know Ive had it working before, in El Capitan and when Sierra were released!

in systemreports:
Brand: MediaTek

Product-ID: 0x17d1

Brand-ID: 0x0bc05

and it shows up in different wifi utilities but can't connect to any networks at all.

is there a way to get the Asus usb-ac51 to work? 

I know Ive had it working before, in El Capitan and when Sierra were released!

in systemreports:

Brand: MediaTek

Product-ID: 0x17d1

Brand-ID: 0x0bc05

and it shows up in different wifi utilities but can't connect to any networks at all.

what is the Drivers ? RT?  MT? 

Edit **  I think its  RT2870

Did you try the programme I post here I think its work for you ? Your only have disconnect Wifi and completely remove the folder ➤ ASUS Wireless Utility, in your Application folder; move to the trash and Empty trash or run USBWireless-Uninstall.pkg from your ASUS_USB-AC51-MAC10.12.dmg

then follow every step in the readme ➜ I post here

• Like 1

Hey and thank you very much for the driver bundle. I have a problem tho, im using an asus usb-ac51 and its all fine and dandy for about 10min then the dongle drops the connection and i have to restart it to get it working again.

which macOS ?

it seems to be a router and connection brobleme ?

which macOS ?

it seems to be a router and connection brobleme ?

Running 10.13.3. Ive tried both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz net and same result. Cant really see anything strange with my router and other devices on the network doesnt have any drop issues.

Running 10.13.3. Ive tried both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz net and same result. Cant really see anything strange with my router and other devices on the network doesnt have any drop issues.

Strange; here works good, also other user report perfect

what happens if you unplug the usb wifi and reconnect it does it reload?

Sometimes, i usually turn off the radio through the WiFi utility and start it again which resolves it and it connects again. Because once it disconnects it doesn’t wanna connect to anything again.