USB keyboard/mouse don't wake yosemite, only power button does

Fabiuzi

11 posts in this topic

Hi

I have installed dp2, upgraded to dp4, but had some slow boots and sleep was not working at all anymore, so back at dp2.

The problem is the following. I can sleep, but when I want to wake via the usb keyboard or mouse, nothing happens. If I press a key the numlock lights stays on, but nothing happens. If I press the power button, after 4 seconds a fully working desktop, audio, usb, ... So in fact it works, but only through power button. Before I had ML, and it was just working from the start BUT I had Chimera and no UEFI booting. Now I installed with MacPWN method, clover with UEFI partition, MacPoison for post-installation (just hwmonitor and some tools like showAllFiles). Afterwards installed audio and usb 3 kexts, system still fast and stable, sleep working, wake only via power button.

I have disconnected as many peripherals as possible, now only IGFX (DVI) with one screen, USB 2 keyboard and mouse on USB 2 rear ports, startup disk on white SATA3 port. All other internal wires that are not needed like bluray removed.

I have tried also many BIOS settings:

• disable CPU PLL overvoltage in BIOS
  • disable wake on lan in BIOS
  • IGFX standby and deep standby disabled
  • disable virtualization
  • High Precision Event Timer: Enabled
  • XMP profile disabled and enabled
  • CPU frequencies default/oc
  • Firewire disabled
  • all marvell sata ports disabled
  • CSM never
  • Enabled enhanced halt and cpu monitor to activate speedstep
  • other combinations
I have flashed different bioses: F14, F15o, F16mod9, F16mod11

Removed nullcpu kext, rebuild caches

Darkwake flag: No, 0, 1, 8, 10

Neverhibernate flag, xcpm flag, safe mode flag, ...

SSDT patch of piker alpha

SMBIOS mac mini 6.2, tried many other SMBIOS like macpro 3.1 6.1, mac mini 5, MacBook pro 8, 9,... Imac 12, 13, 14 and others... really many -_- no difference in the end.

Now I'm out of options, couldn't find anything relevant to my mobo, a Z77x-UD5H which worked.

Since it is a known mobo I would like to ask the people who has the same, or almost the same mobo, how they fixed it in Yosemite? Or is it related to my CPU, the i3770K?

I spend a lot of times and hours of searching the internet and forums but couldn't find a solution. Before I end up with grey hair, would like to call in your help! ^_^

Thanks!

• Like 1

I too have this problem with a similar mob. Try playing with the xchi in BIOS. Maybe google that stuff. Im still learning clover and haven't got to learning how to fix wake yet.

ok so i tried any possible xchi combination there is... nothing. tried different other settings. nothing helped. the weird thing is that almost whatever choice i make in the bios, it doesn't have effect. only thing i had an error on was disabling the audio. i had a kp. also changed the usb/mouse with a wifi based wireless connection through usb port. 

which method did you use to install yosemite? maybe it has to do with the kexts that are provided in the installation process....

Zero issues, with Clover everything is perfect from the start. As soon as I adapted the configuration of Clover everything is ok. The only little thing is maybe my videocard HD5770 is 3-4 degrees hotter in Mavericks than in Yosemite. In Mavercks I use MacPro 3,1 and in Yosemite iMac 13,2.

Just as a heads up, this is an issue on DP5 on my MBP as well - quite a few people are experiencing this, only fix for us is to reboot holding the power key.

well, on my system the reboot is only for dp4, dp5. when putting yose to sleep on dp2, i can only wake from sleep with power button. but the good thing about the wake is it happens in just 4 seconds. :superman:

i also noticed in dp2 that when i change in the bios to boot from my HD5670 the wake doesn't always work.

anyway tnx for the update

I checked your topic and had the issue you report here with Yosemite DP1, Clover, and IGPU first (otherwise I can have both iGPU and GPU working) and it inexplicably went away when I did a simple reboot (you know, I almost really never restart my computer). Now it's back, since I updated to DP5, and doing a reboot won't solve it. I thought it could be the Clover revision I use - r2975 is very buggy - but since you're having the issue with Chameleon, perhaps it's a DP thing.

P.S.: back then, when I have the issue with Yosemite, Slice recommended me to set AddClockID as false in the Devices/USB/ section of my config.plist. As I said, I just had to reboot and the bug went away that time. I thing I even hadn't this section in my config.plist, since I like to inject the minimum, relying on my good old DSDT and SSDT. Since restarting wasn't giving me any benefit this time, I just went ahead and checked my current config.plist - which is not the same I had, since I reinstalled Clover for solving iMessage/FaceTime issues - and it in fact has the AddClockId key set to true. I set it to false, restarted my computer and now I can wake it properly with either my Magic Mouse and Apple BT keyboard. So, for me, problem solved, and if you use Clover, it might as well solve it for you.

All the best!

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Good evening, even if this subject dates more than 2 years, it is verified not less still. Yes the option under clover works .config.plist. DEVICE / USB / AddClockID to false " key > Devices / key > dict > key > USB / key > dict > key > AddClockID / key > false / > "
I confirm it works on ASUS -I LX R2 , NVIDIA 210.

• Like 1