Installing Mavericks on MBR

6 posts in this topic

Although I'm sure this topic has been stressed more than enough around these parts of the web and there are numerous guides about how to patch the ISO or the USB installer of OS X to install itself on an MBR partitioned drive, by replacing OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg, my problem lies in the precedure itself. All the guides I've found involve doing the work on a Mac, which, of course, I have no access to, since I do not own one, no neighbour owns one, no friend owns one. Nobody.

So, if anyone could be kind, can someone share with me a way of doing this either on Windows or Linux?

It would be highly appreciated.

Oh, and I forgot, I think I should post my PC build, if it's of any assistance:

ASUS Maximus VII Ranger

Haswell i7 4770K

Gigabyte Radeon 77901GB OC Edition Rev1

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB

Corsair 750W

WD Caviar Black 1TB

Hello

I gave to you a method... see that... is for windows users

You have a UEFI borad i believe so... if you enbale UEFI in Bios only GUID table will work... MBR not, because in legacy mode you can use MBR or GUI when you gonna install OSX and Win in the same HDD, but when you gonna install in UEFI mode, GUID is for OSX and for Win...

See in here more detail how make dual-boot in UEFI mode: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3405

I do understand that, though, my question is if I can modify my OS X USB Installer to install OS X in an MBR partition from Windows, since all the guides that say that I have to delete some mach_kernel stuff require a working Mac machine.

Thank you for your answer, though, sir :)