Poor Performance

StephanCA

7 posts in this topic

My system is very slow, specially Safari and google maps via Safari are the most noticeable, they are unusable. When I open new tab it takes 5 seconds for it to open.

Any benchmarks I can do to determine if everything is working properly, or maybe it's like this for everyone? On my MacBook Pro everything works perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated, I attached by dsdt, boot.plist and ioreg.

DSDT.aml.zip

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Mac Pro.zip

Your DSDT is outstanding (in a good way) and your org.Chameleon.boot.plist is fine, but your IOReg shows you have no GPU installed.

Now, we know that's not the case, since your sig has a pretty beefy graphics card in it.

In other words, Yosemite on your build is currently using the VESA compatibility mode to drive your monitors. In this mode, literally every single graphics card will spit out something, even if it's really, really slow.

Edit: I guess the GPU patch is unique to each board. Yours may be different from mine...

I don't know if it's vesa mode because it works a lot faster than in safe mode, I think safe mode uses VESA graphics mode. I installed a clean copy of Yosemite and I no longer have any performance issues (I think), but I do get some artifacts when resizing windows or sometimes when scrolling. Also every ~10 seconds some black lines flash on screen. I attached example of artifacts I get. Wonder if thats like it for everyone with yosemite beta? On macbook pro it works fine.

I had HD5870 before with DSDT edits and it worked a lot better, for GTX 760 I deleted all the edits because I don't know which are correct and I thought it is supposed to work OOB.

I would appreciate any help.

post-820007-0-50405200-1406939641_thumb.png

I manually created installer following some video here, with chameleon bootloader and my Extra folder, so installer should be good with no unnecessary kexts/changes in there.

For post installation I just manually copied FakeSMC, installed Chameleon r2391, patched AppleHDA and AppleRTC, installed RealtekRTL81xx.kext for network.

My GPU + CPU give me 905 in LuxMark benchmark, my graphics card is 2GB version and maybe slower than yours, and CPU is only running at 2.6 GHz, so probably nothings wrong with benchmarks, don't know why Macbook pro got 2600 with iris graphics.

On Mavericks I didn't had those problems (with artifacts) but was using web drivers, so I guess I could suck it up and wait for drivers for Yosemite.

Hello

don't know why Macbook pro got 2600 with iris graphics.

Because tou have many Scene to choose, simple, medium and complex... result is not the same in each

I will post my results with only GPU Tests in diferents scenes...

Simple Scene/GPU only=3842

Medium Scene/GPU only=570

Complex Scene/GPU only=286

With GPU+CPU the result is biggest, almost double...

If you card grafik is recognized by OSX, maybe this can be just a Yosemite problem... for you manufacture card...

Mine card is: Gigabyte GTX 760 4Gb